Tuesday, September 6, 2011

¡Viva Mexico!

We just got back from a fun weekend in Mexico with some of Tim's familia. Oops, I'm forgetting my English already. haha (That's for you Dad!)

Unfortunately Bear had a cold and didn't seem to enjoy the beach or the pools much. He did better in the pools, but I didn't take any pictures in there. His sad face makes me feel so bad for him.

This little niño did have a ton of fun. A couple of different times he told us, "I love Mexico today!"

Cousin Gabby
 Ruby and Matt (who was sporting the mustache in honor of Mexico and in honor of his dad's upcoming birthday).

My boys.
 Bear, Mo, Ale and Sammy Boy
 Carol and Roger came too! We even got Carol on the banana boat!


One of my favorite parts of the trip was watching Kyle swim in the ocean. He was upset after we left California in July that I didn't take him swimming in the ocean. I didn't realize that playing in the tide wasn't enough for him so I was so happy he got to do it here. It made his day!

The food was so good! On Saturday night we went to a delicious pizza place. The Gringo Loco that walked in and asked, "Are you guys Mormons?" was a little crazy but the pizza was awesome!
Sassy Gracie
 If you will hold Bear's hand and walk around with him you are his bff.
 While Bear wasn't entertained by the beach, he loved seeing all of the dogs in the streets. He kept pointing and yelling/grunting/communicating to them while we waited for the pizza.

Carol, Roger and Ale went to eat fish instead :).

Other food included some delicious carne asada tacos and pollo with rice and beans. 
 
Perhaps I look sweaty in that picture above? Probably because it was soooo humid there! While we walked around the shops I had to use my shirt a few times to wipe sweat off my head. San Antonio did not prepare me for this. I thought of my mom and dad and what they would be living in soon! It's still winter in Argentina...

  One of my favorite parts of the trip was listening to my sweet sister-in-law Ale share her testimony in Spanish at church. It was so neat to hear her.
Kyle didn't disappoint. He provided us with a few, "Special K," moments, including this one:
I guess we'll have to do it again to see if he'll make the group photo!

14 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like a great trip! Your boys look so cute in the "out to dinner" pictures. I love their little outfits.

Sarah Robbins said...

That looks so fun! We love Mexico. I'm totally jealous of all the yummy food you got to have. (Side note, when I scroll down to leave a comment, I always do a double take at your baby counter. EVERY TIME I think you are pregnant again and have to look at it to remember it from Nolan!)

Nielsens said...

looks so fun!!! both the boys are looking older since when we left already! i love kyle's no fear for the ocean

Rachel said...

How FUN! And Nolan looks SUPER blond in the group picture:) When it gets cooler we all need to go to the zoo.

Jenni said...

I'm so glad you finally made it there...and BACK without getting stuck there. It's always more fun and less stressful when you travel legally!

Nicole said...

Nolan is looking so handsome and perfect! He is an adorable baby boy!

Ann-Marie said...

Nolan reminds me soooo much of Graham. Is that weird? Even how they point! So fun!!!!

I'm glad you got a vacation. I love trips. And I love the dress you wore. So cute!!

Nuestra Familia said...

Love all the pictures! You take great ones, so glad you brought your camera! So glad Kyle loved Mexico. Mo told me he wants to stay there...so FUN!! and that he wants to have more sleep overs with his cousins.
Love the group picture! everyone in the picture is looking.

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Looks like a fun trip! Jen......so sorry you have my body thermostat! :-/

Curtis Heyman said...

That looks soooo fun! Viva Mexico!

Jaimee said...

So glad you had a great Labor Day! My Dad said it was a blast---he couldn't get over the beautiful beaches! Love all the pics of your cute kiddos on the beach. Viva Mexico! :D

The Scotts said...

Looks like fun! Nolan looks so old! And Kyle will one day stand still in a photo!!!! It makes me laugh so hard though because that was Jake, I'm sure you remember when we took the Decker/Ray picture he was awful!!!!

Hillery said...

Looks soooo fun! Sigh. I totally would have gotten pizza with you guys :)

Hillery said...

Looks sooooo fun. Sigh. I totally would have gotten pizza with you guys :)