On Friday we went swimming and enjoyed Guedos. Note to Jenny-- you like the steak quesadilla.
Kate shows us you can swim with a hat!
Bear and Bubby. He really took a liking to her.
Cute Macy:
Kyle has amazing style when he jumps:
Love these sisters of mine! Notice I'm the only one without a baby attached to me :).
On Saturday evening we drove over to Curbo and Candace's house for the blessing of sweet baby Charlotte. She is so tiny and beautiful. It was very neat to have all of my brothers there to bless Charlotte. We enjoyed delicious food courtesy of C-bug's mom and it felt so good to be together as a family.
Nolan loves to hold his baby cousin. Kyle, well, he said maybe he'll like her when she's four.
Best buddies:
Charlotte, G.G. and Proud Dad:
These crazy kids:
Saturday late evening we cleaned up from the baby shower, put out a few extra chairs and hoped that we would all endure the next day.
Sunday morning my brother talked in church for the last time before leaving on his mission to Concepcion, Chile. Taylor did an awesome job and the Spirit could really be felt. He will first fly to Provo where he will be trained for 6 weeks and taught some of the Spanish language. Then from there he is off to Chile! After church we invited family and friends over for a brunch. I counted 96 people (not including babies)! I was shocked! It was so wonderful to have so much support from family and friends. Through all of this we missed my mom and dad tremendously, but they were able to be there via Skype! I'm surprised they were able to hear anything with that many people around!
Sorry Greg about the leftover baby shower decorations! Oops! :)
The Brent Curtis classic family pose:
This room was a treat to clean up afterward! :)
Welcome to the fiesta Mom and Dad!:
A picture of Taylor wearing Curtis' missionary jacket when Curtis left on his mission 11 yrs ago:
Cara, Bubby, Aunt Barb:
Cousin Eric:
Brooke and Taylor:
Uncle Roger and Aunt Cheryl (and Cara too!) came from CA:
The Original 5:
Papa and Grandma Curtis:
Typical:
Love my brother!
Nolan (2), Kate (5.5), Kyle (4.5), Macy (3 in August) and Reed (2)
And that's going to have to be part 1. I'm tired... but feeling so grateful for such a great weekend!









11 comments:
THat is a serious party! 96 people! Good job.
Wish wish wish I could have made it too! I've been thinking about how you must have been holding it all together-looks like it was perfect! I love that pic of Taylor & Alli..what is going on?! Fun stuff!
Oh my! I'm going to have to take a nap after just reading that post.
Talk about the hostess with the mostess!
You are one busy woman! But you look very happy. Arizona looks good on you.
A long but good weekend. All your hard work paid off!! I love the picture of Macy pulling Reed back... those shirts are so cute! You guys have a great family!!
you are one amazing woman jen! and you already have a blog post up about the craziness...im a few months behind haha
the shower was amazing, the brunch was amazing, the family time was amazing. it was an exhausting weekend but i miss all the crazies! thanks for hosting it all.
Love, love, love it all! You were miraculous in all you did and that you not only endured but thrived! Congratulations on successfully getting Taylor ready, packed and out the door, a baby shower, company, a brunch for 100+ people, adorable photos of the grandkids in matching shirts for Papa's Father's Day and a blog post! Whew! I know that is only a partial list of what you did.
I'm so proud and grateful to be blessed with such an amazing, angel daughter. Thank you my dear. I love you with all of my heart. Now go take a nap. :-)
Turn on some Dora for the kids and go take a nap today!! Thinking about everything you did makes me tired!!
Holy Moly!! You are a busy woman. Your family looks so great and happy and you are looking just as gorgeous as ever!
Holy weekend!! What a good host you are for all your parties!! You need a pedicure!!
This made me so happy to read! I really felt so bad that I wasn't in town and couldn't help you, or at least watch your kids while you were trying to get stuff done. I knew you would be able to pull it all off! You are so awesome!
Post a Comment