Nolan is quite the talker. At his 2 year appointment the doctor asked, "Is he saying many words? Does he put 2 words together?" In which I had to respond, "Yes! He just TALKS," because he seems to talk to me non-stop, expressing everything and even trying to have a big sense of humor.
I was thinking today, however, of some of the things he says that I know he learned from his older brother.
1. "It's twisted!" In reference to his car seat buckle, which is never twisted. Kyle is OCD about his seatbelt and it can't be twisted.
2. "No like girl song!" While listening to the radio.
3. "Unkie song Mama?" He asks this when a song with a good beat comes on the radio. Kyle loves when a popular song his Unkie used to sing to on his ukelele or piano comes on the radio. (Yes I still live in 1990 and don't use an iPod).
4. "This gross! No like it!" This makes me mad. If Kyle says this about his food Nolan will as well and refuse to eat it, even if Bear really does like it.
5. "I have tummy-ache." He said this the other day while holding his knee.
6. "I need ice!" Another dramatic statement he learned from his overly-dramatic brother.
7. "Mine! My turn!" Every kid learns this but I have a sneaky suspicion he picked this up a little sooner than later being the youngest.
8. "Watch show Mama?"
9. "Caught it!" Every night we have to blow kisses to each other and Kyle always yells, "Caught it!" Now Nolan yells that without doing the kiss part.
10. "Love you. Miss you. Bye." These are Kyle's parting words when getting off the phone or if we are saying good-night or good-bye to him. Bear says his version of it too.
I love this boy and all he has to say but he seems to say, "Mama! Mamaaaa!" all day long. He whispered on and off for about a week but now it seems he is back to one-volume Nolan. I love this boy!
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love that the has become a jabber-box! Even if part of his talking is inherited vocabulary. ;)
Post a Comment