Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Sweet Boy

When I talk about my, "Sweet Boy," it is usually Nolan. He just has such a sweet disposition about him. Kyle can be very sweet too though, just like he was tonight.

  As we were putting the boys to bed I was telling Tim how I've had a long week. 2 migraines and 2 bad headaches out of 5 days of our week so far makes for a not-so stellar and productive five days. Tonight my headache I had earlier during the day came back. After we put the boys down I went and laid down in bed.
   Kyle came in and said, "Mama, I'm sorry that you have a head ache. I hope it will be gone tomorrow." I said, "Thanks buddy. Me too." Then Kyle suggested, "How about we say a prayer before I go back into my bed that your headache will go away?" "That's a good idea!" We both folded our arms and before I could start to say anything Kyle started the prayer and asked that his Mama's headache would go away. After he closed the prayer he said, "I hope it helps. I think your headache will go away."

Melt my heart.

Sometimes weeks are rough, that's just how it is. Sometimes days seem like weeks. And sometimes all it takes is a five minute conversation with my little boy to make it all better. I'm grateful for moments that remind me I'm doing what's most important, even when it seems daunting.

I love you my Kyle boy.


7 comments:

Nielsens said...

Oh this really is precious. Sorry you've had so many headaches :(

Sarah Robbins said...

What a sweet little guy! I hope your headaches get better. I used to have really bad migraines and we figured out it was dietary. Good luck finding out what is causing them.

Katie said...

What a great story! And what a great job you've done teaching him, if he thought to say a prayer for you. :) Good job!

Jenny said...

So sweet and that baby picture is killing me! You are doing something right as a mama Jen :) Sorry you've had so many headaches!

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Kyle is a sweet boy and he has an incredible Mama!!

Jenni said...

oh my goodness. LOVE that picture!

Heather H. said...

What a sweetheart!

I loved his answers from the post below :)