Thursday, March 10, 2011

Yee-ha


We have a tradition of going to the rodeo each year, and by "rodeo" I mean the fair grounds. We have enjoyed it every time and it is one of the few things I'll miss in San Antonio.

I continued the tradition of taking a picture with my favorite toddler in the petting zoo.

2009

2010

2011
Unfortunately this year it was too hot to rock the khaki jacket again :). haha

It's fun to see how Kyle has changed. The very first year we went he loved petting the animals and was excited to be in the petting zoo. This year he preferred having deep conversations with them instead.

Nolan Bear was very unsure of it. As shown by this face:
Kyle eventually warmed up to the idea:
Look at the cute babies!


Of course the best part for Kyle was the rides! He loves, loves going on rides.
Tim told me Kyle told him to put his hands in the air :).
I found this center a little inappropriate for kids to be riding around! haha

And I'm pretty sure the best part for Nolan was the Ritz cracker:

 My favorite part was being with my 3 handsome cowboys! Unfortunately Kyle was beyond exhaustion by the time we left and cried 90% of the ride home for a cowboy hat. Then he started crying that he wanted a cowboy hat AND a belt. haha. We just love that kid.

9 comments:

The Scotts said...

Looks like such a fun time! I love the hands in the air! LOL!! Where did he learn that!

Shauna Brown said...

Excuse me Emily from the Bachelor with that fantastic braid!! Now all you need are some daisy dukes, boots, and an elephant to ride in S. Africa. Please tell me you watch the Bachelor, otherwise, you have no idea what I am talking about. Your boys are too cute and I love the "rodeo".

Amy said...

Looks so fun! I love Kyle's little hands up in the air. I can't believe how big both of them are getting. They are both so cute!

megan said...

Ok, first, baby goats have got to be one of the cutest animals ever.

What a fun family outing. I guess you guys will just have to go to the ostrich festival for now on. The boys look super cute and I cant wait to see all of you in a few months.

Jenny said...

Glad you found one positive thing about Texas while you were there!! You will miss more than you realize! Have a fun spring break this week!

Hillery said...

Awww...that is one of the things I DON'T miss about San Antonio! It was always so cold, smelly, and expensive. But there are plenty of things I do miss. For example, you guys!

August and Melissa said...

Reed has that Hurley shirt Nolan's wearing! Cute! Love the petting zoo-have yet to take Reed

JONESIES said...

Is that a bob double stroller I spy? How nice you lucky girl! I'm glad the SA fair is fun. We miss the small county fair in Flag. Cute pics!

Candace Heyman said...

I love that thumbs up pic and the fact that he cried all the way home. Such a funny boy. I love him!