Thursday, February 9, 2012

Superbowl + 20 Monther

Our neighbors are a great family that love to throw parties. They threw a Superbowl party that was amazing! The highlight for the boys (including Tim) was the cotton candy machine:


Bear was a little unsure about the sticky mess, but once I helped him get a little taste he was all about doing it himself.
Kyle's other favorite spot was the inflatable bounce/slide thing. He could see this from the backyard and was so excited to go on it:

My favorite part of the party was the catered Mexican food. It's so nice to be back in AZ with good Mexican food! (Yes, I realize I sound like a heifer right now but I was deprived of good Mexican food for 3 years in TX!) Unfortunately there are no pictures of me eating.

In other news, our little Bear is now 20 months old! It hurts my heart. Slow down Bear! He is starting to talk more and loves when he makes us laugh. Most of his words I think other people would have a hard time understanding, but he says: Mama, apple, banana, oval, "there it is," papa, Elmo, ba-ball for ball, bye, hello, hot dog, amen and signs milk, all done, and please. He makes a bunch of animal noises, but his favorite seems to be "quacking." He also sings, "Dora, Dora, Dora!" It's hilarious. He makes a gulping sound anytime he sees water which cracks me up. He refuses to say, "Dada," although at times it accidentally slips. He calls Tim and Kyle, "Mama," and Kyle always says, "I'm not your mama!" Usually when he ask him to say Dada he shakes his head no.

He weighs 32 lbs, 4 oz. which is bigger than Kyle at this age. At breakfast he always wants eggs and cereal. He won't drink milk... unless it's in this form: 


Bear loves playing in the dirt lot outside, copying Kyle, sitting in my lap to read books, playing on the iPad, watching Elmo and giving loves to people he likes. He has recently discovered jumping which looks more like a gallop. He cries when I drop Kyle off at pre-school and always has to walk in by himself when we pick Kyle up. He is getting more stubborn and independent. He bites when he's mad and now enjoys time-out when he deserves it :).

I thought for turning 20 months he deserved even hair, but the hairstylist decided to cut a bunch of length even though I told her we like it long. At least it grows! He was very unsure about the experience.

Oh his face in those pics just cracks me up. I love this little boy!

3 comments:

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

The Buessings are the best neighbors! That cotton candy looks soooo yummy. It's hard to believe how big both of the boys are. Kyle is handsome and Nolan is so adorable, I just want to squeeze him!!

Nielsens said...

those cotton candy pics are great. nolan is getting so big!!!

Jenni said...

Such a big boy! Seriously... how can we make this growing thing stop?