Monday, August 20, 2012

First Day of Pre-K

    Kyle had his first day of Pre-K on August 6th. He was excited to start school again. Some friends had recommended a program through the city to me so I was lucky and got Kyle in! (The spots fill up within 2 minutes online). Before I made the decision of which school to send him to I was extremely nervous. I had a feeling that Kyle needed to be in a more structured setting this year to help him prepare for Kindergarten. This boy likes his routines and doesn't like listening (to me at least), so I was worried about what to do the year before kindergarten. When we were successful at signing him up I instantly felt comforted and knew that this was where he was supposed to go!

    As it got closer for school to start, however, I started doubting and looked online again to see if there was something else that I thought would suit him better. I also worried because none of his friends would be in the program. I didn't come across anything. So we got ready for the first day and left! As the teacher talked to the parents I once again got the same feeling. It made me feel at ease and so excited for my Kyle boy!

This kid and his small back-pack. I'm still trying to convince him he needs a bigger one.

 My cute boys!

Big man on campus, wearing his first pair of flip-flops. It's a rough life when you have bricks for feet.

Bear strutting his stuff.
 

Does this smile look forced?


Kyle snapped this pic:
 And Nolan snapped this one:

Love them!

5 comments:

Mariley Johnson said...

Our boys sound a lot alike. I hope it works out for Kyle this year and he has a good time. Good luck!

Jenny said...

So glad you found a great place for Kyle to go to Pre-K! Decisions like that are so hard.

McKenzie said...

Wow, I can't believe how big they're getting!

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Kyle will do great in Pre-K! He looks so handsome and liitle brother Nolan looks adorable too. :)

Hillery said...

Yay for Kyle! He'll do great! And yay for Mommy/Nolan time. Isn't it weird to have just one at home? And we're so proud of Kyle on his big kid bike! That's awesome! Pretty sure that is several years away for Sadie :)