Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

On Memorial Day weekend our friends, the Luffs, came to visit from El Paso! We met the Luffs in San Antonio, and the last time I saw Courtney I was about to pop... as in I was close to having Nolan. I'm so thankful that we have been able to stay good friends through phone calls the past three years!
 Courtney and I took the kids swimming on Saturday morning but it was still pretty cold. The guys had fun riding.


Later that afternoon we took the kids to Jump Street. We wanted to go out that night but I could not find a babysitter for the life of me! Maybe there are horror stories of my kids circulating the babysitters of Chandler...

On Sunday we went and visited the construction of the Gilbert Temple. It is such a beautiful temple and I love that there is a big park with lots of green grass near it. That area will always be beautiful! I can't wait until the construction is done and it opens. Before the temple is dedicated, there will be an open house where anyone from the public can walk through and take a tour. If anyone wants to go with me, let me know!
The cute Luffs!


The kids were given rocks of the type of stone the temple is constructed out of. 
Kyle gets upset pretty easily when the sun is in his eyes. Poor guy. Can't even fake it like Nolan. Ha!


The kids played so well together. Kyle and Jackson were little buddies all weekend long.
  (I think it looks like it rained salt from their pretzels...)



 On Monday they packed up and left in the morning. It was so nice of them to come out for such a quick trip. Friends that you can just hang out with are the best! Thanks for making the drive Luffs! Next time the guys stay home while the moms go out! :).




1 comment:

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Glad you enjoyed your company and had fun! The Gilbert temple looks gorgeous!