The invite:
The refreshment table:
We tried to do a mostly healthy theme. Veggie tray, hummus and chips, smoothie drinks, fruit kabobs, personal fruit pizzas and water.
Blurry pic. My camera was being so weird:
The main decor table:
I made tissue pom-poms out of every Personal Progress value and placed them in front of pages I downloaded and framed about each value. Our Young Women's president made the cute glittered frames and we displayed a picture of each girl and the value she talked about in front of the value. I was able to take most of the girls' pictures near the new Gilbert temple.
It was kind of hard because the girls came in two cars and the first carload the lighting was a lot better but I'm still satisfied with what I got.
For the program, I first introduced the theme and gave a short talk. Then I had each girl talk on a certain Personal Progress value and how accomplishing goals in that value area had helped them become more, "spiritually fit." The Bishop also talked about the importance of becoming spiritually fit and how the temple helps us do that and blesses us. It was a quick, uplifting night. Just the way I like it. (I get ADD in long meetings).
Oh, I forgot. The exercise sweat band colors matched the value they spoke on as well. We had a couple new beehives that I assigned to do the opening and closing prayer :).
I originally tried copying an idea of Pinterest, but it was clear that the Lord wanted me to use my own brain instead. I am grateful I had the opportunity to study the talk by Elder Maynes and to think about how important it is to continually nourish and take care of our testimonies, just like it is important to take care of our bodies. The Church is true! I love it and I love working with these girls.













9 comments:
What an awesome activity! This looks amazing. I am totally pinning this to steal for our YWs :)
Awesome job and beautiful photos!
Sooo cute! The photos of the girls in front of the temple are my favorite part. I'm sure they'll love having those. Do you want to come and do my program for next year? ;)
Great job Jen! I love the theme and the photos of the girls in front of the temple. They are blessed to have you in Y.W.!
Those pictures of the girls in front of the temple are AWESOME! Sounds like a great evening and a great theme!
Hi, Jennifer!! This is your old BYU roommate, Kristin Mahoney. I started reading "Joseph Smith the Mormon Prophet" last night, and I saw that Sister Black listed you in the acknowledgements section. Brought back good memories of freshman year, so I thought I'd look you up! Hope you are well, you have a beautiful family!
Kristin
This is similar to what we want to do for our New Beginnings this upcoming January. Thanks for the ideas!
I love it ! very simple and to the point:) Thank you for sharing your talents.
Such a cute idea! Is it possible to edit your invite so it can include information for our night?
Post a Comment