Monday, December 13, 2010

Our Christmas Miracle

During sacrament meeting on Sunday Kyle wanted to hold Nolan.

Whaaaat?

Granted, Nolan is over six months old, but this was the first time Kyle ever wanted to hold him. We were trying to stay reverent but went ahead and let Kyle do it. How could I not?? Kyle was giggling as Nolan grabbed at him and pulled at him. Tim and I kept giving each other the look that said, "What in the world is going on? Is this really happening?" He did it again tonight so I grabbed my phone.

Oh that just makes my heart so happy! All I can think about sometimes is this day:
And Kyle saying, "No! No want it! No thank you!" as he met his brother for the first time :).


This video shows Nolan Bear making his new noise of the day, specifically at the end:
I cut his hair on Sunday just on the top in an effort to be able to spike it up in the front. I don't think I like it! Not only is it terribly uneven, but Nolan was born with a part in his hair and that's the way I always picture him in my head. Maybe it'll just take time.

I've been meaning to do a six-month post on Nolan, but time is quickly escaping me these days. Before I forget-- At his six month appointment he was an ounce shy of 23 lbs. and 28.5 inches long.

We love this little guy, and his big brother too!

8 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

I noticed his hair on Sunday...it was totally cute!!! Oh he is luscious! I'm sad I won't see him much these next two months. They are changing too fast!

August and Melissa said...

That's so cute- Reed is making the farting noises all the time too! Drives me nuts sometimes but it's cute!

Jenny said...

they are so cute together! good idea for Kyle to start being nice to Nolan before he can beat him up :) He is catching up quick!! I love his cute farting little noises- can't wait to play with them in a few weeks!

Andrea said...

I still want to steal that baby. Can't believe he weighs a few pounds shy of Treyson. No wonder your arms are ripped!

Nielsens said...

Hip Hip Horray!!! 6 months late but that's no big deal... haha

Sarah Robbins said...

Well at least Kyle was polite about not wanting to hold him. :)

That is so sweet! Sometimes it just takes time to warm up. . . Can't wait to see the spiky hair.

Lisa said...

That is so cute. I just crack up thinking about Kyle's polite "no thank you"! They are going to laugh about this together one day.

Hillery said...

Adorable! Nolan is so solid that he looks like he could take Kyle if he had to. I love it! And I think Nolan's hair is cute - good job on the cut! When did that kid learn to sit up on his own? Time is going WAY too fast!