Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy Birthday Bear!

We celebrated Bear's third birthday this weekend. It's hard to believe that my baby boy is 3! Nolan is the best. He is shy when he wants to be and Mr. Funny when he wants to be. He loves Power Rangers, go-gurts, playing with friends and of course being with his big brother Kyle. He is a cuddly boy. He loves his dad and we had problems the past month with him waking up really early in the morning and coming into bed because he wanted to eat breakfast with Dada before Tim left to work.
   Nolan still loves to be on the go. He loves running errands, but his three favorite spots are probably the, "blue grocery store," (Albertsons), Costco, and the pet store. We only go to the pet store for pure entertainment. He often requests to go to the Children's museum, Chuckie Cheese and random places like a farm, "to hold a baby ducky." He is currently saving any change he finds for Chuckie Cheese. I hope he forgets about that place.
  We had a small party at the park nearby that also has a splash pad.

 Look at cute Bentley's smile:
 Look at cute Bear's smile. He's been waiting for this moment.
 Haha. I loved that he sang to himself as well. 

 The gang.
 Benson:
 Beautiful Bailey:
 Ninja Turtles!


 Pushing Dad in the water:

 Mi Familia:
 Uncle Matt and Aunt Ruby were so nice to come and hang out:

 Nolan giving Kyle a, "My lady!" Pete's family taught this to the boys. They run up and grab your hand (or in this case your arm), kiss it, and say, "My lady." Kyle was not happy about this afterward.

My beautiful cousin Christi is always so nice to come out to Chandler to celebrate with us. Love you Christi! (We were even college roommates before :))

Mason was nice to take a break from his conversation and smile (inside joke). He wins Dad award for bringing Benson with sunscreen on and everything to the party while Jenni was out of town. 

Nolan and Lily. Nolan is the only boy in his nursery class at church, but he has found a good friend in Lily!

I love little Benson standing directly under the water.

I learned that you can pay to reserve a ramada for birthday parties. I learned this because a frantic lady came up to me and asked if my party was the one set up under the ramada. I told her yes so she said, "Well I paid for it to be reserved at 10:30!" Ok lady, simmer down. It was 10:06, so we hurried everyone to the table, sang to Bear and opened presents. We had everything cleaned up and moved to the bench at 10:27. The rest of the party was celebrated on this bench :). Hey, the kids were happy. 

I will forever hold this picture dear to my heart (and not because my arm looks gigantic), but because sweet Bear is in his mama's arms and looking at the camera! He has such a hard time looking at the camera. I love my Nolan Bear so much! He reminds me to take pleasure in the simple things. 

4 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

Happy Birthday! I remember waiting for you to have him back in Texas. My how things change and how time flies.

Jenni said...

Why would you pay for a ramada when you can have a bench for free?!! Love these pictures. Looks like it turned out great!

Jenny said...

I love Nolan's little grin when they're singing Happy Birthday! What a cute boy!

megan said...

Great Birthday posts for Nolan Boy! I'm still sad we had to miss his party. There is no way I could have kept Whitman out of the water had we gone. The lady that had reserved the table was probably a mom from Catcher's preschool.She was having a party to thank everyone for helping her out while she was pregnant with her twins.Benches work great! We'll bring Nolan's present over when you guys get home.