Sunday, November 18, 2007

I've Finished!

Last Friday was my last day of student teaching. It was bitter-sweet. I am excited because it means I can now graduate, and I am that much closer to having our son, but I am also sad because I will miss the students and my mentor, Mrs. Bodily. Here I am with my mentor:

She was amazing and I learned so much from her. Teaching is a hard job!
Here are some pics of my 7th grade students:



This student reminded me of Taylor. I had to get a picture of him working!

Here are some 8th grade classes:


Of course a student had to fall off his desk on my last day...

Perhaps one of the best things was a 7th grader who wrote on the board "By Mrs. Ray." I guess we still need to work on spelling...

We had cake, donuts, and my students were so sweet and put money together to give me some baby outfits. Other kids also brought their own gifts from home. They can't wait for me to bring the baby to school and show them. Lastly, here are some pics of the last project I did with the 8th graders. They created a postcard that represented a utopia they made up. I was so proud of them!


12 comments:

megan said...

and you will be here so soon!

megan said...

by the way Happy Birthday on Saturday! Sorry I didn't call you, or text you or anything! I'm so lame. I reminded myself all week and then Saturday came around and I forgot. I hope you had a great birthday and I will see you soon. I'll call you this week anyway

Andrea said...

Isn't it hard leaving them? I found myself getting so attached!!! Congrats on finishing though!

Jenny said...

congrats on being done! now we can party in AZ!

Andrea Hale said...

That is so exciting that you are done. It's always a sad thing when you leave the students. I did some student teaching in a first grade class last year right before I had Grant. It was a lot of fun, but so tiring! My feet and ankles would be huge by the time the day was over. :) How are things going otherwise? What's the countdown? lol

jon♥kara said...

Way to go Jen! I knew you could do it! I don't know how you could handle that age group I would go crazy.

Jenni said...

Congratulations!! Did you read the Giver? You know you must be a good teacher if the kids are asking for you to come back!! Oh, and I have to tell you, On Sunday morning as we were getting ready to go to church, Mason said, "I miss the Rays." I said I did too and wished you guys would move here. Then I asked him what he misses about you, and he said, "I miss seeing who gets to church first! That was so fun trying to race Tim to get there when we would both open our doors at the same time." Fun times, fun times!! :) Oh, and our new church that just got done being built like a month ago, smelled stinky on Sunday....at first I thought it was just one of our sunbeams, but soon realized it was the whole building. We are very concerned.

The Scotts said...

Congrats!! That is exciting. I love checking off the list of things that had to happen that got me closer to having our baby. You're almost there!

Nuestra Familia said...

Congratulations Jen, way to go!! That's awesome you are done and that you learned so much. See you so soon, Love, Ale

Hillery said...

It will be so nice to kick your feet up and just relax. Get all the rest you can!

kemptons said...

Congratulations. Now you have some time to get ready for that little baby boy.

Shauna Brown said...

You really made me miss teaching seeing all of these pictures! Aren't they the best! I just love tweens!!