
One year ago today I was flying with Kyle from PHX to SA, when I started crying on the flight because I didn't want to move to San Antonio.
My first impression of San Antonio was that it reminded me a lot of Mexico and is sooo humid. I was also nervous about moving into a home I had never seen in person. Since then, I've found things to appreciate about this city. I love how friendly strangers are. It's pretty green here, and if you are ever in need of a Lowe's or Home Depot there are about five just fifteen minutes away in different directions. Also, up by the temple the zoning is way better and it feels more like home (Thanks Cara).
One year ago today I was reminded how lucky I am to be married to TRay.
When I got to our house for the first time everything was already unloaded from the moving van, and after a seventeen hour drive the night before, Tim took the time that next day to pick up a rose and Arbys for me for when I arrived. He didn't even buy himself any lunch because he's too cheap/Arby's is too expensive, but he knew that I don't deal with change well and that I'm happier when I'm full.
One year ago today Kyle was almost seven months old.
Kyle is now almost nineteen months old! He stopped nursing two months after the move and finally started sleeping through the night a couple nights after we settled in. I felt like a new woman. He has gone from a chubby little baby to a solid toddler who keeps me chasing after him. He is so curious, loves to give kisses, thinks berry smoothies from Costco are the best and has the greatest smile.
One year ago today Tim was still a month away from starting law school.
Now we are about to begin our second year of law school. It hasn't been that bad (for me). The month before finals is definitely a nightmare (especially when I'm sick during it too!) but the rest of the year wasn't as bad as I heard it would be.
One year ago today I slowly began to realize that moving is a big deal and a big change.
It actually wasn't until two weeks ago that I started to feel like I "belonged" here. Yep, it took me an ENTIRE year to make friends. I don't think I smell or anything, but being the only law school wife in a ward full of students can have it's downfalls. I never felt surrounded by so many nice people, but at the same time felt so frustrated at trying to fit in.
One year ago today I felt even more grateful for my old friends who still take the time to check up on me.
I moved away from AZ two weeks after my high school graduation and, except for two summers, haven't lived there since. I feel so lucky that there are some friends that I can still call and we can chat forever. I can talk about whatever I want and we can laugh our heads off too. Thanks ladies.
One year ago today I thought the only thing bigger in TX was the people.
Don't think I'm rude. San Antonio really is one of the most obese cities. It's pretty sad. I can't figure out why either. I still don't know why "Everything is bigger in TX." Can someone tell me?
One year ago I started to like Texas.
Ok, so maybe not the exact day I moved here, but I was really excited about the adventure that lay ahead of us. I really do love experiencing new things (except for new foods), and it's even more fun doing it with Tim and Kyle. San Antonio really has been good to me and we've made some fun memories and met awesome people. One of the best things was being able to live by Andy and Hillery for a year and getting to know little Sadie better. We really felt like this was where we were supposed to move for school and I am grateful for the experiences we have had so far.


10 comments:
Yeah for San Antonio! We are so glad you guys are here. Now if we could only get together more often...
I love your comments. I hate moving new places as well.(i've def. had my fair share of moves) I'm glad your feeling more at home though. Can't wait to see youguys.
i appreciate your optimistic attitude.
We are glad you're here. We love hanging out with you guys and Kallon just loves Kyle.....most days!:)
This is so true! I hate moving, and when we moved here I wanted to leave ASAP! But it's grown on me, and we are glad we are here.With that said, we need to hang out more!
Tim and Nathan must have read the same guide to being cheap. Nathan's a cheapo too. But, like Tim, he will let me have certain luxuries. Sweet guys.
Glad you are finally settled in! Now just two more years!!
And I hope I'm one those friends that you love to chat with often. (even though I always feel bad cause it seems like I call you to see how YOU are doing and then talk about my problems the whole time!) You're a good friend! Love you!
Great post!! I have an idea, when Tim finishes Law School, you can move to CO and play with us. I promise to have Arby's waiting for you!! I'm just saying. . .
tim is so great- arbys and a rose. i love it. especially that he didn't buy himself any. i think texans are obese because they love all that fried okra and junk like that.
sometimes at night i sing kate "deep in the heart of texas" and she says, "jen and tim and baby kyle live in texas." it always throws me off because i forget you actually live there. glad you have a good attitude though.
I'm so glad to hear that you are liking SA! I can't garauntee you'll feel the same way when you move, but we miss it like crazy! San Antonio still feels like home to us and will always have a very special place in our hearts. Obesity and all.
P.S. Such a cute story about Tim! Andy needs some lessons.
I really like this blog post but I can only read it so many times. Come on, Jen a whole week without posting! What am I supposed to read?
p.s. I really hope everything is going smoothly for you so I don't feel like a total jerk for yelling at you for not blogging
Post a Comment