Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Back to TX

A week and a half ago I boarded a plane with Kyle and headed to AZ! I just got back today. My parents were both going to be out of town at the same time so I got to go hang out with my brother Taylor and enjoy AZ. It was so fun. I found out I was going five days before I left. Usually I am counting down for weeks the next trip I have, but this was a change. Kyle was WAY better than last time I was home (Alli's wedding) and he made himself right at home at "Papa's house."

We

jumped on the trampoline
took walks in the morning
went to the zoo
played with Catcher
met baby Whitman and baby Ella
ate dinner at G.G.'s house
sang Happy Birthday to cousin Mo and ate cake
attended the Stake Pancake breakfast
went to the Mark Mabry fireside
watched cousins Adam and Kaylie in their primary program
had a waffle party with Tim's family
Kyle got his hair cut by Grandma when she came back
played and sang with"Unkie" (Taylor) numerous times on the piano
ate at all the best spots
shopped with Grandma
played with Papa
got together with high school friends at Guedos
went to the airport only to learn my flight was delayed 3.5 hrs and so we rebooked until the next morning

and now we're here. In humid TX. I'm tired and Kyle's sleeping. We missed Tim. Kyle started saying, "Dada! Dada!" as soon as I buckled him up for the descend into San Antonio. It was fun this time because he was excited to get on the plane both times and knew what to expect. On the way to AZ I got him apple juice. He set it on his tray and would drink some juice, eat a pretzel and then wipe his mouth with the napkin. It was too funny. Mr. Manners.

   As a thank you my mom helped me package Guedos to bring back to Tim. He ate it for lunch and said it was the most delicious lunch he's had in a long time. Looks like the poor kid ate a lot of Digiorno pizza while I was gone.

And why didn't anyone tell me Halloween is in just a couple of days? I need to get some candy!
Here are three pics I stole from other blogs:

Hmmm. Maybe I should mention I got Kyle and I dressed and ready to go in twenty minutes that morning. My cousin Christi and cute Bentley are on the left and then Lindsey and the boy she watched, Van. They were so nice to let me tag along!

Kyle loved the petting zoo. As you can see he is standing in some pee/water. Fortunately that puddle isn't deep. Unfortunately the puddle he did jump in was deep and so we left the petting zoo so I could wash off his feet. So gross!!



The girls at dinner. I always feel blessed to have friends that I can go months without talking to and then it's like I never moved away when we get together.

Of course there never seems like enough time when I'm home, but I loved seeing everyone I did get the chance to visit with.

I'm off to nap. Thanks mom and dad for letting me "babysit" my 16 yr. old brother!!

7 comments:

Serena said...

How fun!! And I agree with the friends comment. Those are the best kind of friends!

P.S. - Is it awkward I was wondering why you hadn't posted in so long? Haha

Jenny said...

i'm glad kyle was better for you this time! maybe he just likes having the house to himself :)

Anderson Adventures said...

Awww. I am so sad you had to leave. But I know you had to get back to tim. I wish we could have made it work to see eachother more but again now that we have kids it makes things more complicated. I had fun seeing you and I am glad we got to go to the zoo together.

Cara Jones said...

sooo fun! I am terribly jealous :-) One day Jennifer, one day... we will live in the great state of AZ again! WOOOHOOO! Lets hang out after my BIG activity is over (that is on Friday- yippy!!) Let me know when you have time free!

Candace Heyman said...

Looks like you had a blast! I'm glad Kyle was a happier guy this trip. Cur and I still laugh about the car ride to Bubby's reception... haha. I miss the Phoenix Zoo and the wonderful Arizona "winters". It's supposed to snow here today!

Nielsens said...

so great.
i wish i could've seen kyle acting all proper. i miss that monster and he looks older in every pic.
glad you had fun in az!!!

amber {and co.} said...

Yay for going home! That's awesome you got to spend some one on one time with your brother, I bet that was fun! Glad you're back though, the weather was actually really nice while you guys were gone (in the 70's!) I agree with Cara, let's play soon! ΓΌ