Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How Do You Pay Attention...

...to Conference when your child is doing things like this:

It's funny how life changes. I remember while growing up Conference weekend was a small break from chores and it meant we didn't have to go to the church building (when they started showing it on tv). I also remember my parents saying, "Curtis, Chris sit up," during Conference to make sure we weren't falling asleep.
  This year Tim and I were both so excited for Conference but we'd say, "Did you hear that part?" or "What did he just say?" as Kyle was crawling on us and around us. Nonetheless we loved what we did hear and feel lucky to have a prophet on this Earth. Kyle would say, "Pro!" whenever President Monson spoke. He also tried to sing along with the choir which always had me laughing, and after every song he'd fold his arms and squint his eyes. Sorry Bud, it's not done yet...
  There was also a lot of this:

and sometimes quiet moments like this:


   Yesterday I was doing something when I realized Kyle was a little too quiet. I walked into the kitchen to find him like this. After he heard me he looked up and said, "Mmmm!"



  So much for washing the fruit off first. There were little mangled strawberries he put back in the container. It seems like in the last three days he has turned into little tornado man. He loves to throw things everywhere and I'm constantly having to get on him for that. Sometimes I'm impressed with the throw, but I'd rather not have his ball hit our tv or for fragile things to be chucked down the stairs. He keeps us laughing. His newest phrase is, "Come on!"
   And a couple last photos. This was last week. I'm trying to revive the shirt but I'm afraid it may be retired to a pajama shirt. Introducing Orphan Kyle:



 That's what I get for getting him dressed before breakfast. And in case you're wondering, this boy hated bibs at the age of 4 months.

12 comments:

Candace Heyman said...

Gosh I know I always say this but he's getting sooo big! I love the berry shots. What a cute boy. Miss you guys. Come visit us and play in the snow!

Chad~Nicole said...

I'm glad Kyle made the most of conference. :) Z has never worn a bib either. Thank goodness for Shout. Aren't tornados...I mean boys...fun!?

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Hahaha...Kyle the berry boy!! Have you found "Boo Berry" cereal for him yet? :-)
We still love conference weekend here and thought it was great!!

Nielsens said...

HE IS HUUUUUUUUUUGEEEEE.
cant handle it. cute pics. and i second candace's words :)

Jenny said...

i like the box pictures. i'm always happy conference is printed in writing afterwards so i can catch up on what i missed!

Anderson Adventures said...

Cute pics jen. We loved conference as well. Bentley was actually pretty good. Luckily we have DVR so we were able to record and rewind the parts we didn't here. Im always trying to get Jon to get rid of it but I guess it does come in handy sometimes. Bentley trys to rip his bibs of and I hate when he does because then his shirts end up like kyles. Kyle looks just like a Heyman boy.

The Scotts said...

I love the berrys pictures! Ya I kept conference on to keep me from cussing, oh did I just say that outloud!?! Yes, kids change everything. If you tivo it you can pause it every 10 seconds to answer questions, break up a fight or get them a snack. That makes it a real conference weekend and not just 8 hrs!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tanya Kimball said...

So cute! How can you get mad at a cute berry face! Lucky for you, at least it's something healthy! My boys always get into the chocolate!

Jen said...

I love this post! Conference was the same way at our house. Ty is just starting to get into things more. He definitely keeps me on my toes. Wish we lived closer!

Nuestra Familia said...

Hey Jen, love the pictures. I was looking at your blog with the kids and I told them look it's baby, I mean big boy Kyle. He is such a cute boy. Love the pictures.
Your last post was great too. About running I don't get it either, I tried running yesterday and only did it for 5 minutes then I kept walking. You will make a great tennis player, we need to play against you and Tim when you come down. Love ya, I will post soon prob sunday after my lesson :)

Jaimee said...

Don't you love Conference with kids... you get so much out of each talk! :D The joys of parenthood, right? But these pics of Kyle are so adorable they make it worth it! Hope you guys are doing well. See you over the holidays!