You know those hospital photos where the big sibling is holding his new brother/sister for the first time?
We didn't get that.
Yep, this picture pretty much sums it up. When Kyle walked into the hospital room for the first time he looked at me and pointed at Nolan exclaiming, "No! No!" Luckily Nolan had wrapped a train toy for Kyle. Tim gave the present to Kyle and Nolan was nice in Kyle's mind for about five minutes.
Who cares about a new sibling anyway? Eating snacks and pushing the buttons on the hospital bed over and over again is way cooler.
This face says, "I love all the changes happening around me!":
In case you're not getting the idea, the hardest part about this delivery for me has been dealing with Kyle. The poor kid doesn't know what to think, but each day he is getting better. He still won't hold Nolan, but he did play imaginary catch with him today. He will also give him a pacifier and get a diaper out for me. In the beginning he would say, "No thank you," and "All done," or "No want it!" when he saw Nolan. It's hard to see him so upset and so tired. I know they will be good buddies some day and it makes me happy to see the small improvements each day.
Today I was about to nurse Nolan when Nolan latched on and I said, "Ow!" Well, this upset Kyle that Nolan was hurting me so he yelled, "No biting! Don't bite!" over and over again at Nolan. My mom and I tried to explain that he was sucking. "No sucking! Don't suck!" and that he needed milk. So Kyle wanted my mom to get Nolan a bottle. It was so cute that he was so concerned for me, but also made me feel bad that he was getting so upset!
I hope to have a sibling picture and a first "family of four" picture within a month, but then again I have learned not to set my expectations too high. For some reason I thought things would be just a little bit easier!
So much to adapt to!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
He will adapt soon enough, don't worry. Nolan is sooo cute!!! I loved holding him the other night. I wish we were going to be around so I could hold him more:) Love all the pictures of Kyle and Nolan. Kyle is so funny, my favorite line is "no thank you." haha We will miss you guys!
That Kyle is too cute. I'm nervous for Cora's reaction becuase she'll just barely be two. I'm glad to hear it's getting easier.
What a sweet boy! I love that he was worried about you. I know your mom is there but if you ever need a Kyle break let me know and he can come play at our house :-)
I love how little Nolan looks next to Kyle. I'm really glad to hear Kyle is getting better day by day. Catcher still has his moments when Whitman will be crying and instead of being lovin he will yell, "Stop crying, Whitman. You are fine!" most of the time he is nice to him though.
I'm excited you will be in AZ soon. We go to the kids summer movies on Wednesday mornings if you ever want to come with us. There are also city classes Catch and Kyle could take together, or the bounce house places. Those are just a few things I thought of that can be done with a newborn and 110 degree weather.
Just a happy side note: it is cooling down to the 90's this weekend!
I'm so sorry Kyle is having a hard time. I hope nursing is going well.
Yes, no need to worry. You just focus on getting healed and lots of rest! It'll all be okay.
Emma was like that too. She had no interest in Kate...ZERO. She was in denial that she was even in existance...so much so that she kept stepping on her when she would be on the floor...ugh, so annoying really.
A new sibling is such a big adjustment for kids. Just know that when he acts out, he is really just confused at the whole situation. (plus when he's not taking naps...that doesn't help either!) Give him lots of love and attention when you can. It's hard at first with no sleep but your body adjusts really fast. Good luck! I know you will do just fine!
Post a Comment