Nolan Mario Ray joined our family last Wednesday at 2:17 pm.
Proud Dad:
(who, I might add, did much better this delivery! No nurses worrying he was going to pass out!)Big and overjoyed Mom:
Happy Grandma:
Here's the birth story for those interested:
On Wednesday we got to the hospital at 5:30 for a planned induction. I was so nervous about being induced, and I think the nurses could sense it. They kept on telling me everything would be ok and brought Tim back to my room as soon as possible. One of the worst parts of the experience was putting the I.V. in. Three different nurses and pokes later I had it in and the pitocin was started at 7 in the morning. My dr. came and broke my water at 7:15. That was probably one of the grossest feelings in my life! I was almost dilated to a 2 when the induction started.
I had plans of watching the, "Biggest Loser finale," episode but all I wanted to do was rest. Tim sat in the corner and watched, "Avatar." A couple hours passed and at 12:30 I got my epidural when I was 4.5 cm dilated. Strangely enough they ran out of the drug so I had to wait for the pharmacy to bring more. How does that happen? I have no clue.
My sweet mother was watching Kyle so we called her to let her know our status and to suggest she get things ready to drop Kyle off at his buddy Kallon's house. At my next check, however, I was only a 5. I was disappointed that I hadn't progressed more. Tim text my mom and told her that there was no need to panic because I was only at a five.
Well, minutes after that text I was assigned a new nurse who came in and checked me to see my status. She had a concerned look on her face and I automatically thought something was wrong with the baby. She had me move around a bit and then said, "Yep, there's nothing there. You are ready to go." What? I was so confused. In less than thirty minutes I had gone from a five to a ten! I automatically told her I didn't want to push until my mom got there. She said she would tell the dr. I was at a nine so he wouldn't have me start pushing so we could wait for my mom and since I had no urge to push. Remembering the previous text to my mom, I told Tim he needed to call her and let her know I was ready to go. As Tim was talking to her I was feeling the urge to push--something I never felt with Kyle. Luckily she wasn't too far away! When my mom arrived the nurse had me start pushing with each contraction. I wasn't doing a good job at first so we stopped and then she let me push again. That push she told me to stop or she was going to have to catch the baby. Oh what a painful feeling to not be able to push when you want to!!
I probably pushed for forty minutes, which was much longer than I pushed with Kyle. It was such a different delivery though. Everything was calm and didn't feel rushed or panicked. Instead of waiting three hours to see my baby, I got to hold him as soon as they got all the fluid out of his lungs. He did have the cord wrapped around his neck so the dr. had to cut that instead of Tim.
I was so blessed that day. I am so grateful for modern medicine, doctors who love their jobs, Tim, my mom, my friend Amy for watching Kyle and for sweet Nolan. Everything went so smoothly. The entire day I just felt overly grateful and blessed that I was able to deliver a healthy baby boy.
My blogger was down for a bit but now fixed! Hopefully I can get caught up soon!



16 comments:
He is just so adorable! I'm so happy for you! Good luck with big brother. :)
oh he is SOOOO cute! I can't wait to come see him!!!! Congratulations again!
YAY! Congrats Jen! He is adorable!
Congratulations Rays! He is a very adorable baby.
He is adorable! I am so happy for you guys!
Congrats! He's adorable. So exciting!
Congratulations, that birth sounds much less traumatic than Kyle's! And Nolan arrived on my birthday, how great! ;) ha ha.
I bet you were able to dilate so quickly because you knew there was no pressure for everyone to be there! I do believe mind over matter works! I also remember that urge to push, and it IS intense!
I'm sure Kyle will warm up to your little guy soon.... just make sure to give Kyle lots of extra loves these days so he knows he's not forgotten ;) Congrats again!
He's very cute! He seems older than a newborn for some reason. Can't wait to see him in person! I hope Kyle adjusts quickly!
gorgeous baby! and u seriously look hot in that photo with nolan. I'm not lying like some people do when u think u look bad and everyone feels the need to compliment you. You are beautiful. Good luck w Kyle surely it's one of those things which gets easier with time???
( I think I'm on the same child bearing schedule as you but a year apart...)
What a handsome little guy. I hope the transition gets a little easier for Kyle...and you. ;)
What a cute little boy!! I'm so happy for you, sorry things are such a big adjustment but I'm sure you'll be much happier once you get home to AZ. That sounds like a pretty great delivery! I haven't even starting thinking about that.
You look amazing! Your skin is just glowing right after birth, lucky! Congratulations on your new bundle!
I loved that you wrote about your delivery. So great everything went good. Nolan is so precious. Way to go Jen! Congratulations Tim, Jen and Kyle
LOVE You! Congratulations! Ugh, I hope that someday--someday I will be able to meet your boys!
Congrats Ray family! What a precious little guy.
CONGRATS!!!
Post a Comment