As you may notice, I'm desperate for anything sweet.
It's horrible because I know that I'm doing it, but it's hard to stop! Wow, I really am sounding like an addict. I guess my point is, if you notice me ballooning over the next month and then again as we approach May, you'll know why. And please, don't offer the poor girl dessert.
We're getting our house ready to sell, Nolan has decided to be anti-sleep (four incoming teeth- probably part of the problem) and Kyle asks me every morning, "Where we going today Mom?" He 98% of the time doesn't nap and that just down right breaks my heart. This is going to be a year of change for our little Ray family.
We really are enjoying life now, and maybe that's part of the problem. In just a few months we will be out of our comfort zone and in the "real world." Packing up our belongings, Tim taking the bar, finding a job, etc. It'll be great!
For now I've got to go run.... to the kitchen.
Some recent photo booth favorites:
Caught in the act!





12 comments:
Have you tried teaching Kyle to have "room time" in place of his old nap? Most of my mom girlfriends do that when their kids stop taking naps and they really swear by it.
I do the exact same thing with the snacks. I usually don't buy them and then when I crave something sweet I go crazy and eat whatever I can find. It usually doesn't end well. So now I have started buying little snacks for myself that I know will satisfy my craving.
What an exciting time in your lives, we are so excited for you but sad that once you move you will be really far. I hope Nolan starts sleeping again soon.
You know I'm right there with ya!! Chocolate chips are my desperate treat when I can't find anything else in the house. Sorry your kids aren't sleeping, that's the worst. Especially losing that precious nap time. Hopefully at least Nolan will come around for you soon!
So is that why I can't stop eating cookies and hazelnut chocolate bars right now? ;) (but really... i can't)
I have the SAME problem. I was doing great on my diet until EVERYONE in our house got sick except for me. I downed a whole plate of cookie bars that my visiting teacher brought me the other night:(
If it helps you feel better at all. I am a runner and I down treats like they are going out of style when I'm stressed, or bored, or up too late. Ugh, now I'm feeling stressed about eating! Just kidding!
As hard as it is to actually do just try to think about all the exciting things that are coming your way instead of all the hard things.
I have Catcher watch a movie while Whitman takes a nap. Sometimes he watches the whole thing, sometimes he still follows me all around the house while I am trying to get things done.
Sorry Jen! I know where you get the stress reaction from....me!!
I have the same problem. I try not to buy sweets, but I always make sure we are stocked up on ingredients for chocolate chip cookies, so I make cookies a lot. My problem is I eat when I am stressed and bored, so I eat sweets pretty much non stop. I am sorry that Nolan is sleeping very well at night. that is never fun:(
PS - It was good to see you at Target today!
I literally just put my frosting back in the fridge and packed up the graham crackers. It's SO delicious!
You're not alone!!! I'm not pregnant but sure look it!! I made cookies this week with only 2 small bite size candies. I'm trying to make myself want a good workout instead of a treat too. Today has been day one and I forced myself to go jog outside. It did feel good. We'll see how tomorrow works! Good luck!! That is a lot of changes, and I HATE selling my house!!
Jennifer, you and I are way too much alike in the emotional eater bracket. I know you've heard that STRESSED is DESSERTS spelled backwards...well, I totally live it too! Just 2 nights ago, it was so bad I went rummaging through my kids' drawers where I knew they were keeping their stocking candy. AHHH!!! I know change can be difficult, but I know once you get settled it will all be good. Hang in there!
Emerson thinks he doesn't need naps any more either. He has "break time". I tell him I don't care what he does in his room but he has to stay there until I tell him to come out. Sometimes I let him watch a movie in my room. 80% of the time he falls asleep anyways.
Post a Comment