Wednesday, January 19, 2011

We Don't Deserve This

"We don't deserve this!" Tim said as he shook his head. "I know I didn't act this way as a kid. Where does he get this from?"

No one tells you that the terrible twos are better than the terrific terrifying threes.

At least he napped when he was two.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. When he's cute, he's really cute. When he's bad, he's really bad.
Yesterday's cute:

-"Old McDonald had a brother. E-I-E-I-O. With a, "Wahhh" here..."
- To Tim, "I had fun with my mom today!"
-At lunch I had a chicken sandwich and Kyle a turkey sandwich on the table. His prayer went something like this, "Bless Mama's chicken. Bless my turkey. (pause) Bless my chocolate milk. (Looks at me)." After the prayer he said, "I need chocolate milk. I bless chocolate milk. I need chocolate milk."

Yesterday's bad:

- "You have NO choices dad." (Which prompted Tim's above statement).
- "Just chill."
- "Ohhh come on."
- "You can't teach me mom!"
- "I neeeeeed Chick-fil-A." (I told him we didn't have any money to go there, that he needed to earn money and we were eating dinner at home). "I find money upstairs. I'm hungry for lunch. I need Chick-fil-A. I can't eat at home." Followed by kicking his toys and a fit because he was upset.
- He already talks back like he's a teenager.

- The grand finale? Peeing on the bathroom floor at his friend's house. Still can't get him to tell me why he did that one...

7 comments:

Kate said...

Man, he sounds amazing! It's kind of awesome...

Ann-Marie said...

We're right there with you. H's latest, "Mom, me no love you. You're mean." Oh, and don't forget the spitting. Needless to say he's had LOTS of mouth flicks, and I'm not so sure my MIL approves.

Charly said...

Yeah 3's are horrible! We were so excited with our oldest when we felt we'd skipped the terrible two's and she was about to turn 3. Then the day after her 3rd birthday we literally wondered what happened to our sweet child! Haha.
The 'bless my chocolate milk' story is PRECIOUS!!!

Jenny said...

maybe he'll get it all out of his system now and be a breeze as a teenager. possibly? maybe?

Sarah Robbins said...

Oh my. I was really encouraged by this passage from a parenting book I read recently: "Be patient. You reap what you sow; you reap later than you sow; and you reap more than you sow. The Proverbs 31 woman reaped the benefits of faithful instruction that she had spent many years sowing into the hearts of her children. And so will you! Be encouraged!" (Ginger Plowman)

Hang in there; you will reap the rewards of your faithful parenting one day.

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Never a dull moment with Kyle.... Oh how we love him!!!

JONESIES said...

perfect post! I've been saying all week that whoever said "terrible twos" obviously never had a 3 year old! It's almost cute when their 2 because they don't know better but when they are 3 they are doing on purpose just to spite you... at least that's how it feels!