Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hey, Hey, It's your Birthday

Happy Birthday to mi Amor!

Celebrating the big 8th birthday:

I asked Kyle what he thought his dad wanted for his birthday and his answer was, "A Toy Story shave." (aka a Toy Story razor). Since that is non-existent I probed him for more ideas.

"A big Candyland."-- we already have Candyland
"A balloon."-- this was cheap. A very good idea.

So yesterday I took him to Walgreens to get the balloon Kyle was thinking of. Unfortunately when we got there Kyle tried to sell me for seriously ten mins on getting Tim this:

Some of our conversation went like this:

"Kyle, I don't have enough money with me for that."
"Well I have money Mom."
"Dada wants this. He wants to share it with me."
"Kyle, you already have lots of guns at home. We don't need another one."
"Dada wants a new one."

"What about the balloon?
"It doesn't match." 
"You can pick two balloons."
"He doesn't want that. He wants a gun."

I finally convinced Kyle that maybe Tim could get the gun for Christmas.

Tim, we love you! I hope you like your gift from Kyle today (and the other ones you aren't expecting!). I'm so glad I get to celebrate your birthday with you... even after all these years! :)
a month before we were engaged, 5 1/2 years ago! (I still wear that skirt! haha)

Here's hoping 27 is a great year for you! Graduating law school, moving states, taking the bar, finding a job. That sounds like so much fun!!

Happy birthday Love!
And Happy Birthday to my SIL Candace. I am so grateful for both of you!

12 comments:

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday Tim! sorry you didn't get any guns...

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Tim!

Chris said...

Happy Birthday Tim! How awesome is it that 2 of your Brothers-in-law are at your 8th bday party. Haha.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Tim! That second picture is GREAT that is exactly how I remember Tim growing up:)

Jenny said...

love the old school pictures. Happy Birthday Tim!! I finally pooped out on sending birthday cards, so don't worry I didn't forget you I just gave up on cards altogether! I can't wait to see what great things the next few years hold for you guys--lots of excitement coming up! Have a great day!

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Happy Birthday Tim!! I hope it is a sweet.....or should I say "sour" one?!!! Enjoy the candy!

Ann-Marie said...

Yea for Tim! Happy Happy Day!!

Nielsens said...

happy birthday to tim!!!!
kyle cracks me up. "he wants to share it with me!" love his through process!

Mariley Johnson said...

Jens got a few nerf guns for Christmas last year. I am sure that Mark and I had way more fun with them! Seriously, you might want to reconsider them for the birthday gift. Cheap date maybe?

JONESIES said...

Happy Birthday Tim! In that first picture which one is Tim? The baby looks JUST LIKE KYLE!!!

megan said...

Happy Birthday Tim! I'm so glad you posted those pictures of Tim. I just saw a little boy in a magazine today that coul have been a Ray, the hair style and color, the clothes, the shoes. Ha! I told my mom today I was going to buy Kyle and Nolan saddle shoes so they could carry on the legacy.

Ty and Tiff said...

Happy B-day Tim!!!!!