Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Donut

 Last night I had a donut. As in, right before bed. Now, I've gained some weight since moving here. The kind of weight where your clothes are getting snug and you realize it's becoming a problem. Instead of realizing I could not contribute to the problem I gave in and ate that donut. I'm a sucker for them.

  I have heard that you shouldn't eat right before going to bed, so I thought maybe I could burn a few more calories before going to bed and that would help the donut problem. (Really? Pathetic!) So, here I am a donut later and getting to bed later than planned. At this point I'm pretty out of it.

Shatter. Tim's cologne falls to the bathroom ground. Glass everywhere and a sudden cologne-induced headache. I'm not quite sure if I knocked the cologne over or if it just fell. Now I'm going to bed much later than planned.

I call for Tim and we get that cleaned up. I climb into my bed and hear Nolan whimpering on the monitor. Tim and I go in to give him more medicine since he had a fever before I put him down. Suddenly chunks of his dinner are sliming down my back and soaking the front of me. Eeeeewwww. Poor Bear. He's screaming as I bathe him and I'm trying not to vomit myself. We both get cleaned up and get him some water and a cracker.

Now he's pretty out of it until vomit number two. Excellent. Poor Bear. He's shaking. I'm soaked (again) and the night is getting long. We clean up and hold onto him for awhile. He's so sweet and it breaks my heart to know he isn't feeling well.

What a night. Would this have happened if I got to bed early? Time passes and three showers later I'm back in bed. Nolan's whimpering has ceased and I can't remember much else.

My poor Bear this morning.



This morning there's one donut left.
 Guess who isn't going to eat it.


4 comments:

Jenny said...

Ooh that is a rough night. I look at it from the perspective that it's a good thing you stayed up and ate a donut because you weren't going to get much sleep anyway! I hope Nolan's feeling better today.

Sarah Robbins said...

There are nights like that. . . I agree with Jenny. A) You got to have a donut before life got crazy and B) It's way worse waking up from a dead sleep to baby vomit than already being awake dealing with it. . .

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

So sorry you and Nolan had a rough night. I hope he is feeling better. I agree with and love Jenny's perspective... the donut helped! :-)

Anonymous said...

Agreed with all the comments; I'd rather just stay up way late than be woken up from a peaceful slumber... although it is rough either way! I put Fara to bed 3 different times last night, but no barf fortunately. Poor little guy. Hope you all get some more sleep tonight!