Tim passed the bar.
And it feels SO GOOD.
On Friday, October 7th at around 12:30 my sister-in-law Candace texted me saying her best friend Chelsea just let her know that the bar results were coming out that day and that she was so nervous. I responded that I was confused...maybe Chelsea got her weekends mixed up... because Tim was given a paper that said the results were not posted until the 14th of October. Sure enough, Chelsea was right and they sent a link to us that showed that in a little over 4 hours our fate would be revealed! It was such a blessing to only have to freak out for four hours. We slept great the night before and had enjoyed most of our Friday. Tim and I were in shock. How did we not know?
We went to help set up for our niece's birthday party from 2-4 and although the party started at 4 we left at 4:25 so that we could get home and see the results together. For those who don't know the awful process, you have to get online and click on a link and then if you passed your name will be listed. The site loaded slow and when it had loaded Tim's brother Pete was on the phone and Tim started yelling at me, "Scroll! Scroll! Scroll!" Who would have remembered at that moment that the letter R was so far into the alphabet? When we saw Tim's name we started screaming/yelling/laughing and jumping up and down and the boys immediately started bawling their eyes out. We scared them but we were so happy. It took us a couple of minutes to realize we needed to be parents and comfort the boys.
Two things really stood out to me from this experience:
1. Tim's Dedication
I am so proud of Tim and the effort he put into studying for the bar. He would go to the prep class, eat lunch, then study until dinner. After dinner he helped me put the boys to bed and then would study until 10:30-11pm again. During the summer we went to the lake as a family and although Tim would have loved it, he stayed at home and studied. He skipped our trip to California and sacrificed other fun events. Now, he could have not passed the bar after all this effort, but I learned something important. It feels so good to know that he gave it his 100%. We knew that no matter the results we had no regrets about the way Tim prepared. I felt that because of his efforts he deserved to pass, but if he didn't it was because the Lord had something else to teach us. We had no regrets. That was such a comforting feeling.
2. We felt the prayers and support from so many.
We had so many friends and family members praying for us. I really believe those prayers helped pull Tim through. He felt confident after the first day of the test and then felt like he bombed it the second day. What a blessing to have had a good experience the first day and not the other way around! I won't forget Candace, my aunt Lori and my Grandma Heyman eating lunch with the boys and I and keeping me company. I'm sure they don't realize it but it really meant a lot to me to just be surrounded by family. Especially since I know if my mom were here we would have spent those two days together, but the Lord comforted me and blessed me with family I have near. We are so grateful for our Heavenly Father's love and guidance and for the support and prayers from family and friends.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
And, I love you Tim! You did it!!


15 comments:
Sooooo excited for Tim and your family!!! I know how has he studied!! I remember seeing him just for a moment at your parent's when we were down with everyone because he was studying the whole time!! Such dedication!!! Congrats!!! I love having such smart cousins!!!!! :) Let the party go on!!!
Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment. How exciting to be transitioning into a new phase of life.
I remember you posting a year or so ago in the thick of law school how you couldn't imagine when it would ever be over. Seems so long ago now!
My brother-in-law had to take the bar 3 times because they kept moving to new states. No fun!! You should definitely just stay put in Arizona. :)
Congratulations, what wonderful news!
Yay, yay, yay!!!!!! What a great feeling!!! I am so happy for you guys! CONGRATULATIONS
Best news ever. I think we can kind of understand that feeling! I was bawling before I even opened up the website to check our results. Ha! That's what pregnancy will do to you though. Congrats Tim, we knew you could to it!
Ha! I was just wondering if you got any sleep the night before. :) We are so happy for you guys. Wish we were there to celebrate!
Happiest post ever. Now we have even more reason to celebrate when you visit!
This makes me a bit emotional for some reason!! I am so happy for the relief this must be to you both. Jen you failed to mention your contribution to this whole thing-- someone was watching the kids all by themselves that whole time Tim was studying. So good job to you both!
Woo hoo! Congratulations to both of you. Of course I cried when I heard the fabulous news. I'm so grateful, proud and happy!
I can only imagine the excitement and relief. Congratulations to all of you! I know it's a family effort.
I was SO excited when I heard the news- congrats to BOTH you and Tim! Jenny is right, you deserve a lot of credit too for being the supportive, loving wife of a law student (aka a single mom) for the past few years! I'm so happy for your family, we sure miss you guys but I'm glad life is good in AZ Ü
Hurray!! Congrats to you both! :)
We're part of that .1% and we're so glad to know! Congrats!
Congratulations!! What a wonderful feeling!! I know we felt the same way when Charlie passed the vet boards - relief beyond relief!!
Great, great news!!! Thanks for all your help that day. It was pretty funny watching Tim that day:)
Post a Comment