Monday, October 17, 2011
I Didn't Know I was Pregnant
Have you seen the show, "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant?"I think it's on the Discovery Health Channel. The acting? Horrendous. The story lines? Amazing! I mean really, anyone that has been pregnant or witnessed your wife/colleague/neighbor grow a sweet little baby in their stomach over a nine month time span (or 8 even) knows how crazy it must be to NOT know you are pregnant.
The last episode I watched depicted (horribly) a woman who drove with her family 3 hours to her mother-in-law's home and upon arrival ran inside to the bathroom because she hurt so badly. Next thing she knew she was giving birth to her second little boy on the floor of her mother-in-law's bedroom. She never saw it coming.
I was thinking about this show as I was getting ready for bed Saturday night. Suddenly I caught a glimpse of myself and at the same time the words Kyle said earlier in the week echoed in my mind, "Mama, why is your tummy getting bigger?"
Hmmmm.
Weight gain? Check.
Irritability? Check.
Headaches? Check.
Constant craving for delicious food? Check.
Tired? Check.
What if I didn't know I was pregnant?!?
I put my head on my pillow thinking how just maybe I'll need to get a pregnancy test on Monday. Sunday I explained my hypothesis to TRay who replied, "How ridiculous of you."
Looks like I'll need to find a different way to get on TV.
* So to clarify, I am NOT pregnant, and don't plan to be for quite awhile. It was just a solution to me acting like a crazy lady. Nope, that's just me these days :).
But really. How do you go 9 months without knowing you're pregnant? The stories get me every time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



15 comments:
Wait. It's Tuesday. Are you pregnant?!
You're hilarious Jen!
Let me know when you have news. :-)
wait....so are you???
No. No, and No. Tim would die.
ok, so you should start the post with the disclaimer that you're not pregnant because reading it makes us think that you are until the very end!
I bet you got a couple people's hopes up with this post! I always convince myself I'm pregnant-- I even sometimes swear I feel a baby kicking in my stomach. So yeah, how do those people go 9 months without suspecting ANYTHING!
So true! I have never understood how that is even remotely possible.
I've never watched so many shows about pregnancy and babies as I did when we lived together last summer. Scarred for life.
*Scarred by the shows, not this post you funny girl.
I watched that when I was pregnant with Jaz and Corey would always laugh at me! But it is SUCH a train wreck... you just can't turn away.
I was hoping that was an announcement. You are adorable pregnant, but I'm sure you'd know!
I've seen that show a few times and I always wonder how you could not know if you were pregnant. What I find the most interesting is that most of these ladies have had children before and they knew they were pregnant the first (of however many times) before!I swear I knew within the first two weeks with both my boys.
I'm with Jenny... just last night when I was laying in bed I could have sworn I felt a baby move!! But really... how could anyone go NINE MONTHS and not get HUGE and know they are pregnant?
I'm calling their bluff. There is NO WAY on Earth you could not know you were pregnant! They just want to get on TV. Like American Idol, there's no way anybody is that crazy, right?
Ha, I loved this post. I really thought you were going to announce. :)
Post a Comment