Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Outlet

Sometimes I just need to share some thoughts with an audience:

1. I really, really want a pair of brown boots. I've wanted some for years, but seeing as we've been in school for years and are just out of school it has never been an easy purchase. It doesn't help that the weather here doesn't really call for brown boots even 3 months out of the year. Oh, and I have weird feet.

2. Kyle wants a Toy Story birthday this year. Again. I am perfectly ok with this. Except this time he wants Buzz Lightyear cupcakes and he already told me that, "The maker is taking a really long time to make my cupcakes." Does he not realize that I made his cupcakes last year? That it was one of the most creative things I had accomplished in a long time?! Who is, "the maker?"

3.  I have an obsession with eye creams. Tim just sent me a link to a trial for some but it was totally fake. My mom gave me some eye cream before she went on her mission and every night when I put it on I think of her. Thanks Mom!!

4. I can't wait for cooler weather to COME and STAY mainly so I can run errands in warm-ups and not have to change to go get the mail or take my kids on walks. Yep, the clothes I wear inside are that bad. When I fold my laundry the ratio of t-shirts and over-sized basketball shorts to something with a bit more, um, style may be quite appalling to some of you. How did I get blessed with such cute and fashionable family and friends? Thanks for accepting me.

5. Going to the grocery store continues to be one of the things I like to do the least. I also have a fear of going to Target with both boys by myself. This stemmed from. Wait, I don't know if this story is appropriate or not, but when I lived in TX I had to go to the bathroom so badly and I was at Target (the one off of Fredericksburg) with both boys. I usually always run into someone from my ward there, so I even took the time to scope out the store and see if I recognized anyone so they could watch my kids. This Target is DIRTY for those of you who don't know. Of course I found no one. So I take both kids and my diaper bag in the handicapped stall (another thing I hate to do). So, imagine me praying that someone who really does need the handicap stall is not coming, continually yelling at Kyle, "Don't touch the walls, don't touch the doors, just stand there!" and balancing Nolan while hurrying to go to the bathroom. It was so frightening. I dressed all of us in hand sanitizer and called it quits after that. Ever since then it seriously takes courage.

Probably shouldn't have shared the story, but I know some of you have to relate.

Good night. I am up past my bed-time.

11 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

I have totally had to hold Deb while trying to go to the bathroom. Not fun. At least Arizona has cleaner Targets.

Get the boots. Your sister and some other friends helped talk me into getting some last year and I wore them all the time. They are totally worth it. Especially if you can get that fashionista sister of yours to help you pick them out.

Good luck with Buzz Lightyear cupcakes! Maybe you could do rockets and outerspace to be different that last year? You could make the cupcakes that are in ice cream cones or something?

I love list posts. :)

Also, where did you get your grey sweater vest/top that you are wearing in your family pictures? I know it's been like two years since those pictures, but I've seriously been looking for one since you first posted them. We're doing family pictures this Christmas, and I want one like it to wear. . . Well, that's my really good excuse for getting one!

Nielsens said...

we can find you some boots in utah!!!

Nicole said...

I never go to the bathroom at stores. Really. EVER. I can't stand feeling like I am touching nastiness everywhere. At least you didn't pee your pants or something!

I always thought you looked cute. Even in warmups :-)

Jenny said...

If it's big enough I just take my whole cart into the handicap bathroom so that my kids can't touch anything! it's always gross though.

i've been wanting boots too! If you check my Pinterest board you will find some of the options i've found that won't cost an arm and a leg. I'm thinking maybe Christmas??

Jenni said...

I've noticed the same thing happening to my laundry!

Chad~Nicole said...

1)Get the boots. After lusting over boots and not spending the money because they were too expensive I bought a brown and a black pair last year after the season was over, and I get to enjoy them this year.
2)Canon had some sort of monster truck cake for his first 5 birthdays.
3)I used to never care about eye cream, but now that I'm turning 30 it's all I care about.
4) You always look cute. Whatever.
5) Like someone else said, I have also pushed the entire cart into the handicapped stall and put my kids inside. In desperate times I'm also not above bribery.

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

You're always gorgeous! Pretty please....buy the brown boots!

JONESIES said...

I've just caught up on your blog. It's always fun to read! Next time you need to go to Target you should either call me to watch your kids (so my kids can be entertained :-) or call us to come with you. 4 kids and 2 moms has got to be better right?!? Prob not but it's easier to laugh at what's happening where there's someone with you mostly I need someone to laugh with when my kids are out of control! We need to hang out, it's been too long!

Elizabeth Farnsworth said...

Oh Jennifer! I miss you! Buy the boots and rejoice that you don't have to come up with a whole new slew of b-day party ideas. Especially since you are in a different state, do the same party all over again! It was that cute and all the kids had a blast (except when Two Kyle's blew out Kyle's candles. So not cool!)

Candace Heyman said...

Get the boots. You deserve it! I remember that target story. Balancing a kid on your knee while peeing is not an easy task. I had to do it once at costco and I promised myself never again.

Anonymous said...

UH Going to the bathroom with babies is a nightmare! I totally understand how hard it is to get out of the house with two! Someday I am sure it will get easier. :)

For what it is worth, I think you are very fashionable. I don't know if that is worth much though because I have become a "frumpy" mom.