Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

  A couple of days before Halloween we went to a "pumpkin patch" with my friend Megan, sister-in-law Candace and some of her friends. I use "pumpkin patch" loosely because when the hay ride took us to the patch part it was more like a pile of over-priced pumpkins in the middle of a small area.

It was hot. Despite the heat, the boys had a good time.

The first stop was to the petting zoo. Reed and Nolan were all about it.

Although, it is hard to pet an animal when they are in a cage. Who puts chickens in petting zoos?

 Reed loved the dog.

 This picture just cracks me up:

Second we rode horses. Well, Kyle thinks he rode a horse but Tim told me it was a donkey. He was pretty proud.
 Fake smile and all. 
 Catcher did ride a pony. I believe Megan told me this was his first time doing it!

After the rides we went to the haymaze.

 While the boys started on the maze, Roo-Bear was riding the horse  donkey!
 Nolan refused, so it was fun to watch Reed.
Then Reed joined the maze. Nice hair!
 Bear walked around with his arms up to avoid the hay:
 Cute boy:

After some other games we went on the barrel ride. Catcher is Kyle's bff here in AZ. So, he wanted to ride with Catcher. Naturally, so did Catcher's brother Whitman. Poor Catcher. 
 I took one for the team and placed my slender body in that. Once again, Nolan was freaked but as soon as we got going he liked it.

 Kyle's second round:
Then we melted as we took a hay ride to the patch.
Me and my boys:
 Love Whitman's blue eyes!

 Kyle said, "Look Mom! It's like, "X-Factor!" So proud.
We attempted to take cute fall picture to send to the Grandparents.
 It wasn't happening. Maybe C-bug got one on her camera.
I hope everyone had a happy fall! It's finally cooling down!

5 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

I love the picture of the three of you with pumpkins. Your boys' faces are so cute and so their little personalities!

Kyle looks SO big sitting on the pony/donkey! Could he look anymore like Tim??

Nielsens said...

Kyle cracks me up. Great pictures! I love those little nephews.

Jenny said...

i love your commentary! the pictures for the grandparents are especially amusing to me because it is so hard to get kids to look at smile at the same time!

JONESIES said...

we are sad we missed it! Ella would have loves the "horsey" rides!

Hillery said...

I love the short sleeves and red cheeks. I get the feeling it was warm at the pumpkin patch! We had coats, scarves, and beanies for our pumpkin patch visit.