Monday, November 28, 2011

This Boy


This boy is becoming a boy and not a toddler. When I look at this picture I don't see a little boy anymore. I see a kid. A full-fledged, "I get what's going on, I know what you're spelling, and I think I can tell my mom to be patient," little kid.

He
  • loves popcorn
  • *finally* includes Nolan in his prayers. It only took 17 months and a Family Home Evening lesson on showing love and talking about praying for Nolan
  •  unless he's watching a show, always wants someone to play with him
  • loves the Wii
  • is scared of his fingers turning into raisins during his bath and shower
  • brings the same thing to show-and-tell every time
  • is thankful for so many things and is good to express it. "Thank you for washing my pjs Mama! Thank you for cleaning the toilet Mama! Thank you for helping me Dada!"
  • has a running tally of how many motorcyclists we see not wearing helmets
  • is learning to tolerate Nolan's hugs
  • is nowhere near tolerating Nolan's kisses
  • requests drumsticks for FHE treat every Monday. He knows they have to be "on sale" in order to buy them :)
  • goes from happy to it's the end of the world in no time flat
  • loves playing with his cousins
  • has the best fake laugh and worst fake smile. haha
  • forgives easily
  • wants to be a Cowboy when he grows up
  • often tells us he is, "fasting" in an effort to skip breakfast so he is one step closer to playing the Wii
  • very particular about his hair. I've found it's easiest to do his hair when he's not near a mirror so he doesn't have a chance to critique it
  One story that made me laugh is one night he wasn't being a good listener so we told him no bedtime story. He replies, "Well I know one, Mom. I can read it." So he got a book off the shelf that he had memorized and read it to himself and was happy going to bed. So much for our threat.

I just love this boy. He teaches me patience with his OCD ways and he makes me want to be more grateful and loving. He sure does make me smile.

Did I mention he's dramatic? I can't believe the traits he has inherited from Tim!  

8 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

Oh he is so cute! I see so much of both of you in him.

And the fasting from breakfast to play the wii made me laugh out loud! He is definitely not short on personality!

Jen said...

It makes me nervous to see him so big b/c I know Ty is right behind him. Wow. He sure is a little (big) cutie!

Jenny said...

Candice was telling me the other day about how Nolan loves to give hugs and kisses and Kyle hates them. So sad but so hilarious!!

Tim I can't believe you passed on those dramatic genes!!

Jenny said...

Candice= Candace. I have a friend out here that spells it with an "I" and I get confused.

Nielsens said...

loved this little update and the crazy little kyle man. can't wait to play with him over christmas break!

Ray Heyman said...

And, he is the only person I allow to call me, "Papa-head"!

Jenni said...

I love how he has figured out how to get around things! Reading a book he has memorized? Genius!

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Cute, cute, Kyle man. He cracks me up! Love that boy!