Saturday, May 29, 2010

Just Counting Down

Still here with no baby. As much as I am done being pregnant, I don't want to go into labor until my mom gets here!

  Today was my last Saturday as a mother of one. We went to Sea World this morning and had so much fun. I never looked better in a swimsuit (joking, joking) and Kyle loved going down the water slide. As soon as he and Tim would land in the water he would come to me and say, "Do it again!" Unfortunately he was getting frustrated because he also thought he knew how to swim and didn't want us touching him at times. Scary! It was just a great family day.
   I got a little emotional putting him down tonight. It's just weird to think that my one-on-one time with him is drawing to a close. I'm also worried about handling him when I'm not getting all my sleep. I really like my sleep, but hopefully the amount I get doesn't correlate to how patient I am. I hope and pray he adjusts well. I'm really worried about it. I know these are probably all normal feelings.

Here are a couple of photos from my phone:
 Tim ordered some dress shirts for work and Kyle loved trying them on. He gets excited whenever a package gets dropped off by Fed Ex or UPS and automatically thinks it is for him. I think Grandma might have something to do with that... :)  The shirt was as long as Kyle is tall!
Kyle created his own little reading nook. He likes to climb into our ottoman and read, "Toy Story."
And, of course, my music man. He likes to listen to Dad's iPod touch and yells, "Momma (or Dadda), dance!" even though we can't hear the music.
 Kyle has started talking in a "sweet" voice when he wants something. I have no idea where he picked up on it. He changes the inflection of his voice and it cracks Tim and I up. I can't wait to see him with his baby brother!

We're on the countdown!!

10 comments:

megan said...

You will get more one on one time than you think in the first couple of months. The baby will sleep a lot more than Kyle. It is funny, though, how you start getting so sentimental about only having the one child and about everything you did with just him. Like I said on you facebook, you are going to be a fantastic mother to two boys. Make sure Kyle has a part in welcoming the new baby and that he isn't feeling excluded and he should be fine. I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to see pictures and hear a name for your little guy

Charlie & Rachel said...

What an exciting time!! You will do great Jennifer!

Jenny said...

you are so funny. i am still cracking up at "i never looked better in a swimsuit." i remember staying up crying a few times thinking about how the new baby would affect kate. i still worry about that sometimes, but overall i think it's good for her. seeing her and macy giggle and have fun together is the cutest. kyle will be lucky to have lots of extra people around to give him attention, so hopefully that will help. we'll keep you in our prayers this week!

Hillery said...

Your ruffled maternity shirt is so cute! I can't believe how perfectly round (and adorable!) your belly is! We can't wait to see all FOUR of you next week!

Sarah Robbins said...

Only a few more days! When does your mom get there? Are you going to be induced if you don't go soon?

August and Melissa said...

I can't believe your baby will be here this week!!! I'm so excited for you!

Heather O'Brien said...

You're such a great mom, you'll do awesome. I remember having those same feelings though. Good luck with everything! If you do go into labor before your mom gets here, I would LOVE to watch Kyle for you or help out in anyway. I'll cross my fingers for you. P.S. You may had already heard this but I just thought of it. When I was going to have Peyton, I had Hallie pick out a little present she wanted to give the new baby and helped her wrap it and stuff to bring to the hospital. It made her excited. And then we had a present that Peyton gave to her. I think it helped a ton. If you think that's dumb, just pretend I didn't write that :). he he.

Jaimee said...

I remember all those feelings towards Tye right before Spencer was born but I promise all the changes work out to just more joy. Good luck this week---we can't wait to meet little T Ray #2! And you look fabulous is the previous posts' pictures! Such a cute pregnant lady!

Lisa said...

If you have time before the baby comes I have an idea for you. I was like you and worried about how life would change when #2 arrived. I decided to put together a special big sister box for Audrey that she could use only when I was nursing the new baby. I thought that might keep her busy and help her not to feel ignored. She and I went to the dollar store and bought little things like puzzles, toys, stickers (anything she could use on her own that would make a huge mess). Then we decorated a special box to put them in. I kept it in the closet and when Carter arrived we took it out and would only use it when it was time for him to nurse. It was nice because she was excited about the new box and I was able to spend a few uninterrupted moments with Carter without feeling like Audrey was being ignored. Anyway, just an idea. Everything will work out!! Can't wait to hear about the new little one!

Kristina said...

I heard that your little guy arrived! Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures.