Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kyle-isms

Kyle's speech is really taking off. Every day he is saying something that makes me laugh, or something new that makes me smile.

Sometimes (most times) when I take Kyle somewhere fun we have a little drama when it's time to leave. I try to remember to talk about it before hand and it seems to help the situation. On the way to the park today our conversation went something like this:

Me: Kyle, I need you to be a good boy. When I tell you it's time to leave the park today you tell me, "Ok," and then we go. Ok Kyle?

Kyle: No. I say, "Hold on."

He knows exactly what he's doing to me...

Other things from this week:

- He told Tim, "You need to be patient Dada."
- While on the phone with Uncle Chris, all on his own he said, "Alright, I gotta go." It cracked me up!
- "Thank you Mama for saying sorry." (I had laid down on his doggie on accident)
-  "Hurry Love."
-  While laughing, "What's Nolan saying Mama?"
- "Are you going to swaddle him?"

- We have had quite a few no-nap days. One day I went in to get him and when I asked him why he didn't fall asleep he answered, "I'm resting!"

- "I share with you. I'm happy!" (I try to talk about how we feel when we share)

-Kyle: "When's Dada going to be home? In just a bit?"
  Me: "No, in awhile."
  Kyle: "When's Christmas?'
  Me: "In awhile."
  *He has started asking me about Christmas and I always tell him it'll be awhile before Christmas is here. I loved that he made that connection!


- Last time when we were almost to Sea World he exclaimed, "I love Sea World! It's delicious!"


- On the way home from Church two weeks ago, "Can I watch football Dada?"
   Do you think Tim loved that or what?

He seems to (finally) becoming easier for me to handle and I love the fun we have together. I feel so lucky to be his mom!

11 comments:

Jenny said...

so cute! i noticed when we ichatted with you guys last time it seemed like he was talking a lot. such a fun age.

Terin said...

It makes things so much easier when you can communicate with your child. I love that he told you that he will say "hold on". He is one smart and funny little boy.

Amy S said...

Haha Kyle is so funny. I'm glad he likes sea world and thinks its delicious! Cory and I were laughing.

Nielsens said...

hahahh i was laughing out loud at all of these! what a fun little man! we need to ichat soon so i can see him.

Faldmo's said...

These comments are so hilarious! What cuties you have :)

iknowjewels said...

So fun to be in the cute phase!
I am glad his personality is taking more verbal form (for you especially). I bet it will make things a little easier for you two to understand!

My oldest nephew (who is so sweet, calm, and helpful now at 8) went through some pretty wild meltdowns at 2 and 3 until he really started communicating well with my sister (his mom) in words. It was much easier for all parties after that- he seemed less angry when he could express without actions or drama exactly what he wanted. Fingers crossed for you and Kyle (not implying that he isnt sweet already, i am sure he is! but who wouldn't love a calm almost 3 year old?)

Hillery said...

Yay Kyle! One week from tomorrow! I tried to make pie crust once and it was a disaster. I vowed that I will only do frozen crusts from now on. So good for you for trying! I love peach pie.

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

haha Can't wait until Kyle is here sharing his comments!!

Curtis Heyman said...

i still remember exactly how Kyle says "Roo Bear" and i love/miss it.

The Scotts said...

LOL!! I love how smart they get. He sounds like a fun guy to be around!

Candace Heyman said...

This made me laugh and laugh. I can't wait to see that boy!