Thursday, July 26, 2007

Advice to Young Men

As part of my job for the past year I have been working on projects that will get the "Frontier Guardian," a newspaper from when members of the LDS church resided in Iowa, ready for easy public access. Orson Hyde was the editor of the paper. Anyway, I'm working from home right now and thought this advice from an 1850 something issue was funny:
------------------------------------
Advice to Young Men.
Live temperately, go to Church, attend to your affairs, love all the pretty girls, marry one of them, live like a man, and die like a Christian.
------------------------------------

Does that sound like something I can put up for the baby in his room?

2 comments:

Shauna Brown said...

I just got caught up and yeah, you're having a boy!! I'm so happy for you! Loved the pics from AZ!! We miss all of you!

kemptons said...

That is the perfect saying to hang up right over his bed. J/K We were excited to hear that you are having a boy. Congratulations!!!