Monday, December 10, 2007

Winter Blues

Well, today I went to the doctor and asked him how long he would "let me go" past my due date and he said January 14th!! I had to hold in the tears (which I later let flow like a river) and told him that January 14th was a shock to my system. So, instead of dwelling on that date, how it's freezing cold here, that I threw up today, and that now my right hand falls asleep multiple times during the day, I decided I would make a list of recent, positive things.

1. It wasn't as expensive to fix the side window of my car that I broke off coming out of our driveway as we had thought it would be! And the mechanic was really nice.
2. I fixed the heat.
3. We have a place to go for Christmas Eve!
4. I am a college graduate!
5. BYU is allowing me to work from home for one more semester even though I graduated.
6. Tim and I survived driving up a slick hill in the snow. I was praying really hard we wouldn't slide all the way to the edge.
7. I have wonderful family and friends who always make me laugh when I talk to them.
8. Even though it may take longer than wanted, I will get to see my baby boy soon!


T Ray and I last winter. Here's hoping you have a nice, positive day!

21 comments:

Jamie said...

Dr. Judd has no sympathy. I cried when he told me the same thing. Don't worry though, he will come out soon! And way to be positive!! I'm excited to see you Wednesday.

Jenni said...

Jen I love those pictures! They are priceless! Where are you guys going for Christmas Eve? And just remember, you wouldn't break a window backing our of your "driveway" at Arlington, because we didn't have driveways!! :) We miss you guys and hope you are surviving the snow and cold well! And when you say one more semester, you get to work during Winter too??? That's awesome!!

megan said...

I wrote this really long comment and then it got erased! I'm sorry you had a rough day, but glad you thought of the positive things in your life. It was a great list! Those pictures are adorable. I would blow them up and frame them. I mean if I were you I would do that. I'm not going to blow up pictures of you and tim that would be weird. I hope little Ray comes soon. I can't wait to see him. He will be adorable.

Noelle said...

I agree, those pictures are awesome. So cute. Sorry about the doctor news, we'll all hope that baby Ray comes a lot sooner than the 14th. :) Where do you work at BYU that you get to stay on?

Chelsea said...

The last weeks of pregnancy are the worst. Especially when you are still throwing up. Hope it is over soon for you!! CUTE pics of you and Tim!!! :)

Jenny said...

oh no! that's the worst, but hopefully he will come on his own! 2 weeks past your due date is a long time to wait though...i tried to think of it as my last couple of weeks of "freedom," and i did whatever i wanted to make myself feel better (which is why i gained 3 lbs. the week i went past my due date :)).

I'm glad you guys have somewhere to go for Christmas Eve-where is it? I'm sorry you threw up again, yuck. We'll keep you in our prayers!

Tanya Kimball said...

If I were you I'd be snow skiing right now!!! No one said you can't "help" things move along, right? (jk) My mom took me on a "walk" (she was walking, I was running) up the side of a mountain! I was in labor that night! I love those pictures of you guys! Hope you have those hanging up!

Andrea Hale said...

Oh, that's so sad. When is your actual due date again? I think I've asked a million times. It's hard to keep all of my pregnant friends' dates straight (say that 10 times fast). :) Well, I know you don't want to wait this long, but my b-day is Jan. 15th. By the way I want to see some recent pics of that belly! :)

jon♥kara said...

Jennifer always looking at the positive good girl! That sounds like a rough week for sure, the cold alone would do it for me. I'm surprised you haven't done worse to that car living in the snow with your skills.

Hillery said...

I know you don't believe me, but I promise you will miss those extra days of peace and quiet once the lil' guy comes! Will the doctor strip your membranes? Worked for me!

Jeppesen Family said...

You are still my #1 blog to read! You are so cool, Jen! I'm so glad you're my friend and I'm so lucky to have known you for so long! Don't worry, though, that baby will come out soon enough, and then a few months later you'll be wondering how you can get him back in!!! haha, but really, I know how you feel ;) I love ya!!!

The Scotts said...

So sorry!! I feel your pain, well felt it. Soon it will be over. My friend drank the castol oil (however you spell it) and I think she jumped on her tramp and she had her baby 2 weeks early! I'll double check about the tramp. Maybe it was off roading. Or maybe she did one of each with her babies. Those pictures are adorable though!

Shauna Brown said...

Hang in there! He'll be here before you know it! Sorry about your rough day! I know how it goes!

Erin said...

Hey Tim and Jen! Crazy that I ran into your blog! I didn't even know you were pregnant! I hope that boy comes soon. And get some sleep while you still can! Are you guys in Provo now?

Nuestra Familia said...

love, the pictures. you guys always take great pictures. about throwing up, I feel your pain, it happen to me the last two months. But soon it will be done with, and if your dr makes you wait, I'll give you some suggestions to tell him, they worked for me.

Tanya Kimball said...

Let me brighten your day by sending some Kimball Love in the mail (aka a Christmas Card!). Send me your address to my email: tanyakimball@cox.net

Rachel said...

Jennifer,
I'm sorry to hear about Jan 14th. When I was pregnant with Evan I thought I was going to be pregnant for forever, but then he came three days early! I emailed Tim for your new address but he hasn't responded, would you mind emailing it to me... rjjones1@cox.net.
We will also miss you guys at the Peterson Christmas Eve Eve Party!
Rachel

Joe and Laura said...

Hi Jen, You know I kept telling myself that I would much rather carry the baby in me than carry him in the car seat, I promise, once he is out, there is no turning back. As painful as you may be feeling right now, enjoy it. Loved the positive post. I'm sure we'll see you at Carol's soon. Until then, take care :)

megan said...

ok so how are you feeling now? I told Reuben that if I became really unbearable these last two weeks he was still not allowed to leave me. HA HA! I swear I've been awful.

kemptons said...

I would die if my doctor told me that. Although after the baby comes your grateful for the days when he was in your stomach but it is soooo hard to wait. Especially for your first. Hope your feeling as best as possible and I hope that baby doesn't make you wait to much longer.

Tabitha said...

Jen- I am so sorry!! Those pictures of you and Tim last winter are so cute!