This was a first for me. I paid money so that I would be allowed to run with two thousand other people. I hate running. Give me a tennis racquet and I can play for hours. Put me in the beautiful Telluride mountains and I'll totally enjoy myself hiking for awhile. Place me on a treadmill, even worse a sidewalk or street, and I last about ten seconds. For some reason I had this idea that if I signed up for the "Rex Lee Run" at BYU, then I would be motivated to jog before the big day and that would help me lose my baby weight. Well, the "Rex Lee Run" came, and it was the first time I jogged since I was a couple months pregnant. I got my sister to come along with me, knowing that she would be the voice saying, "Ok, make it to the sign before we walk again."
She did a great job. I really missed her motivation after I told her just to go ahead in front of me. I didn't want to slow her down too much. My lungs felt like they were on fire, but I crossed the finish line and didn't even stop to pick up the Twix candy bar someone cruelly put on the ground during the last 1/4 mile. 
And guess what . . . I actually liked it!


7 comments:
way to go Jen. I can't believe you didn't run AT ALL before that! You look so good! that was so fun to chat last night. Next time we will have to do it when Kyle is awake, so the poor little guy doesn't have to get woken up!
Yaaay Jen! I'm so proud of you and Alli. I only wish I could have done it with you. (I'm sure I would have been telling you to go ahead) :)
Good job for finishing. I agree with you, I hate running! I will never understand Jamies motivation.
Go Jen! I also have my own little ways of motivation to lose all my baby weight. I bought a cute pair of pants in my pre-pregnancy size. They're still sitting in the closet...
you are fantastic! I can't believe you didn't even run to get ready for this. you are tough!
Good Job Jen! I had a lot of fun when I did it too. The training part isn't so fun but with everyone there the day of makes it exciting.
you look really good after having a kid! nice work!
Post a Comment