Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Good Morning

  Every morning when I go to get Kyle out of his crib I knock on his door first and then, before entering, I say, "Kyle? Is that my Kyle boy?" He makes little excited noises before I open the door that I just love. Upon entering there are two possibilities, either a) he stands up right away and reaches for me or b) he stays in his crib for five more minutes rolling around, running back and forth, jumps up and down, etc. and wants me to stand there and watch. This morning was a "b" morning except something different happened. I walked in and he put his hands towards me to give me something. He gave me a crusty booger.

Gross.

In other Kyle updates, he is learning new words all the time it seems. He can now say baby, bye-bye, go, off (sounds more like "oooph"), ball, bubbles, Jesus, Dada, poo-poo, shoe "ooo", up "bup", and car. It's nice because he'll take me by the hand to his highchair and say "bup!" when he's hungry for lunch. He has also learned a very dramatic no that annoys me. He has no patience either. I know he's mad when I hear him ramming something into the wall and yelling, "No no no no!" over and over again. It's pretty funny. I can't believe I used to have such a tiny baby.    I'm glad I blog and write about some of the little, every day things he does that make me smile because he is growing so fast! He's the best little monster!

8 comments:

Jenni said...

look at that tiny little guy. They sure do grow fast!

Alli said...

I would love to hear the no and ramming objects in the wall What a cutie.

Jeppesen Family said...

I wish him and Julia could be friends. I bet they'd play togther well. And then we could hang out while they played :)

EmilyCC said...

"Jesus" already? What a spiritual boy!

Jenny said...

aw i want to hear all his words!! see if you can get them on video! the no wall banging cracks me up.

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Funny Kyle. We can' wait to see him!!! and you and Tim. :)

Jen said...

Ty is the same way when I go in to get him out of bed. I love to sit and watch him play.

iknowjewels said...

Eew on the booger. Boys! But then again my 2 year old neice started taking off her diaper and pooping on the floor during the night. Duct tape!

It is so amazing how big he has grown in a year! Its like baby to nearly toddler, is he tall for his age? Do you miss little baby stage? Or is it better when they are a little more independant?