Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Let's Rodeo San Antonio!

Before all the crazy sickness happened (oh yah, Kyle had a fever on Sunday night and now is getting over croup!), we were able to go to the rodeo fair grounds as a family. Thank goodness it was "Dollar Day," because parking alone was ten dollars!

Kyle reached 36 inches this year so he was able to ride some of the rides. He had two favorite ones. It was so fun for Tim and I to see him get so excited and belly laughing. He was funny because we would stand in line at one ride and then he would see a different one and change his mind.

This was his second favorite one: The Flying Saucer. As you can see by the first pic, he was all business and not sure what to expect:

As it got going he loved it! 
(Excuse the lame photography skills throughout this entire post)

   We then went to the petting zoo and to look at the cows. On the car ride over Kyle said, "Cows and sheep and elephants!" Sorry bud, no elephants. 
Look at those yellow boots! Then look at the kid behind Kyle to the left. Love it! 
Look how much he's grown in the past year:


Wiping a tear...
  Kyle's favorite ride was the Fire truck. He went on it before the petting zoo:

 The anticipation to go on the second time (after the petting zoo) proved too much to handle.
Not looking away from the ride: 
Not understanding the purpose of standing in line:
Proving the anticipation was too much to handle:
Breaking free from Dad and cutting people in line, only to find another obstacle:
Needless to say, he loved it. He would scream with the other kids and put his hands in the air when they got to the top. The other parents around me were laughing at him too. 
We loved spending time as a family, doing something Kyle loved ... and I loved the funnel cake.

12 comments:

Summertime Designs said...

Okay, I am laughing hysterically at the picture of him holding the gate with an arched back...you can just see the frustration!!! That is so much fun that you got to go to the rodeo fair, and that Kyle was big enough to go on some rides. And so sorry that he has croup. Claire had gotten that a couple of weeks ago and it reminded me of when my other kids got it. I think every kid has to go through that! You look great by the way.

Amy said...

Looks like fun! At least he likes the rides, Kallon is a big chicken. I also love the picture of Kyle blocked by the gate hahaha! I can just picture it all in my head. I hope everyone is recovering quickly.

Jen said...

Going to the fair is one of my favorite things to do. We took Ty last year and he loved the animals. I'm sure this year will be much more fun. I love the pics of Kyle. He is so cute!

Jenny said...

we just took Kate to the dr. for her 3 year visit and she measured in at 36 inches. yup, i think Kyle's officially passed her up!

Nuestra Familia said...

Hey Jen,hope the sickness in gone around your house. The rodeo looks so fun, that's great they have dollar days. Kyle looks so happy and loving it. My kids loved all the pictures and the videos, thanks!

Nielsens said...

hahahha i died over the kyle at the gate with his head thrown back pic. that's hilarious. glad you guys had a good time! hope the sickness-bug stays away from you guys!

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Kyle is getting sooo tall! I agree with him...lines are no fun! :-) Can't wait to see you in less than two weeks! Yea!!!!

danielle said...

hahaha i love your captions... i can always picture it so well.
And I loved your google earth comment. Made me laugh. Hope you guys are doing well!!

Candace Heyman said...

Looks like a ton of fun. Reminds me of the Arizona State Fair. Mmmmmm... Indian Fry Bread. I'm hungry.

amber {and co.} said...

So cute, I love all the pictures!! I'm so sad we didn't get to go to the Rodeo while it was here, looks like it was awesome! Maybe next year we can go together Ü

Lindsey Whiting said...

these pix are so cute! I'm so impressed that Kyle rode the rides, what a brave boy! Hopefully Addison will be tall enough to ride some rides at Seaworld before we leave next year since she takes so long to grow tall. :)

jon♥kara said...

Love the play by play. Such a cute post, glad you guys got a day out as a family. It was good talking to you yesterday!