I think I'm finally on the end of being sick. After laying in bed for so many hours I have come to two conclusions:
1. It will be o.k. if we don't paint the baseboards before the baby comes.
2. I really wish we had t.v.
T.V. would have been nice at a time like this. Perhaps it could have saved me from the hours of laying there with the list of everything I wanted to get done before the baby comes spinning in my head. Not a good thing when you don't even feel like getting up to get your own drink...
Tim and Kyle were champs. Thanks to those who helped with Kyle or offered to. He was really good for me on Wed and Thurs, but by the time Friday came around after I got him dressed he was ready to go bye-bye! No more staying in the house for him. Not even Disney online could lure him anymore. Luckily I was able to drop him off at a friend's.
Tim took care of Kyle the second he got home from school until bedtime. I'm writing so much about being sick because although I hate it, it was a good thing in some ways. Kyle will now leave with Tim somewhere without screaming for me. I was really hoping this would happen someday soon. Yesterday as they were leaving he just looked at me and said, "Mama sick. See you later!" It made me so happy.
I have also been reminded to be grateful for my body that is usually healthy. Even if I did feel like a beached whale this past week, at least I do get to be pregnant. Even if I feel like I'm waddling, at least I have a body that allows me to keep our house in order and chase after Kyle.
Kyle had his first earrache the week after Valentine's Day. Here he is asleep on the couch for his nap:
He was horrible at taking the amoxicillin. I only got it in him once a day as opposed to twice by mixing it in a yogurt drink. Even when I forced it in his mouth he would just throw it back up. (That was his third shirt of the day). I'm hoping our prayers were enough to keep that thing from coming back again! We're ready to be healthy and happy!
I hope everyone is doing great!
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Did you watch your Anne of Green Gables movies? LOL! I'm glad you're feeling better.
How could u not have TV!?!?1 I WOULD DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry you are sick. Sending healthy vibes your way.
ahhh im sorry. you're a trooper. hang in there!
ps this is alli :)
Being sick AND pregnant AND not having a TV? Yikes! Glad to hear you're on the mend!
I'm glad you're getting over your sickness. I feel like a beached whale sometimes too- although, I'm not as big as I should be. August and I took bets that I had gained maybe 5-10 lbs in the past month since my last appt (which I weighed 113.8). So this past Friday I went in and August guessed 120, I said 118. We were both wrong...114.2! Not even a pound in the past 4 weeks. The doc just said, you haven't been gaining. but my belly is growing...I don't know. Whatever. Have you plateued on your weight or is it still going up faster than ever? I wanna see preggo pics! Post some- I bet you look so cute!!!
Jenn! You are such a trooper! I admire you so much! I hope you're back to feeling better soon! Kyle too! Tell Tim good luck with school!
So sorry that you are not feeling well. And it's worse when you are not feeling well and you have to tend to your child who is not feeling well either. Brock didn't do the amoxicillin either. I let our pediatrician know that so the next time she gave him another kind that worked well (I don't know what it was called, but it was white and did not need to be refrigerated). Hope you are feeling better soon!
Glad you're feeling better! I love those pics of Kyle sleeping on the couch. Curtis sleeps in the exact same position.
Sorry you're still feeling so yucky- Just a few more months left! (hopefully it gets better and not worse Ü) I'm still up for taking Kyle to the park with Chandler for a few hours so you can get some rest, give me a call!! Ü
I hear you about the antibiotic. Jens finally gets it on the 10th day, of course!
Post a Comment