Out of the mouth of my child this morning:
Me: "Kyle, what are you thankful for?"
Kyle: "I'm thankful for.... thankful for.... Zurg!"
Me: "Kyle, are you thankful for Jesus?"
Kyle: "No. I can't be thankful for Jesus. I thankful for Zurg!"
*In case you don't have a 2.5 year-old obsessed with Toy Story in your home, Zurg is the evil bad guy Buzz Lightyear fights in Toy Story 2.
This is our "Thankful Tree." We had some friends over for FHE on Monday and had a lesson on being thankful and then the families went home with the supplies to make their own tree too. I got the idea from another girl in our ward (Thanks Jenny!). Every morning until Thanksgiving we take a couple of leaves out and Kyle tells me what he's thankful for. Then I write it down and he puts the leaf on the tree. So far Kyle has said he's thankful for:
-Dada
-Nolan
-Mama
-Crayons
-Mickey Mouse
-Wonder Pets
-Mr. Potato Head
-Woody's Car
-Mama Mr. Potato Head (Mrs. Potato Head)
-Zurg
Today was the first time I tried to get him to say something else (Jesus), but this boy is very independent. Hopefully we can work on being thankful for more things besides his toys :).
This sums Kyle up these days. His Toy Story "friends,", Cardinals hat (can't leave the house or sleep without it) and nachos (his lunch of choice).
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
haha!! Oh how I love my Kyle man!!
You need him to hang around Bradli...she calls everything Jesus!! If Shauna asks her what that babies name will be she says "Jesus"!!!!!! Very spiritual..haha!!
hahahahaha. that picture is amazing, surrounded by all his toy story friends.
and what cara said is true! we asked bradli what the baby's name will be and sure enough, she said "Jesus!"
That's a great Thanksgiving prep idea! How fun! I love his Toy Story obsession! It's how Tyson is with his trains!!
Well, hopefully you will run out of Toy Story characters before Thanksgiving. . . That is a cute idea. I have a friend that does something similar with little envelopes. I can't wait till Baby Robbins is big enough for fun family activities like this!
My nephew is obsessed with Toy Story too...but he is all about Woody! I was so excited today when I found the perfect Woody tshirt for him that he does not yet have. Kyle is too, too cute!
oh Kyle.
Thanks for your post on my blog. Kyle cracks me up. One of these times when you're out in Cali near Jenny/Chris we'll have to get him and Andrew together.
Your blog is already on my Google Reader :) Love how honest you are about things.
Haha that's funny! You are SO talented at photography! Every photo on your blog looks great!
I have a special place in my heart for the round up gang as well! I love the pictures of Nolan! What special little guys!
Post a Comment