The day after I arrived in AZ my dad's work threw him a surprise going away party. It was decorated head-to-toe in a jungle theme and the food was delicious.
I loved seeing him surprised. It took him a couple of minutes to realize I was there. As in, he introduced my mom, sister and her husband but not me. haha. I still love you Dad.
There was a power point presentation, a presentation of gifts and different people talked about my dad's impact on them and the company. It was really neat to hear how much people appreciate my dad. At the end he was able to talk a little about his mission and more than a few of us got teary-eyed.
Party #2
Later that weekend my parent's next-door neighbors hosted a catered dinner for the neighbors. Once again, the details were so thoughtful and the food was delicious!
The boys loving the appetizers. Sam, when you don't look at the camera I just post pictures of your profile:
There were bags of seeds that read, "Pray for us as we sow seeds of faith," and candles with a card that read, "Pray for us as we light the way for others in Argentina."
Bubby, me, and my mom's best friend Desiree.
There we go Sam...
Beautiful C-bug and Curbo:
Look at that view!
Delicious! I love the potatoes as mushrooms:
Going wild tonight! We got our first paid babysitter. It wasn't too nerve-breaking considering we were next door :)
My parents with the thoughtful hosts:
I just have to say how thankful I am for the support given to my parents. Both of these occasions highlighted were organized by people who are not of the same religion as our family, yet they understood the sacrifice and faith required of my parents. It just reminded me how much the Lord loves all of His children.



3 comments:
Once again, so happy you documented all of the events we missed!
still can't get over how cute mom looks in a safari hat. good pics sis
Jen, love this. LOVE it. And I love the fact that your parents are so loved in their neighborhood! So exciting!
Post a Comment