Thursday, June 16, 2011

Three Years Later

And wiser too...
How to survive a long law school graduation:
1. Bring lots of snacks:

2. A funny Grandpa:


3. A loving Grandma with, "the touch:"


4. A Grammy with cool technology:


5. Celebrate with family afterward:







6. Know that no matter how much you prepare, sometimes it's just too long for, "Special K."
(While taking pictures afterwards I heard a distant cry. It was Kyle. He was on the other side of the arena...)

    I was so proud of Tim for graduating. Not that he struggled or anything, but just because he was a wonderful dad while balancing school and his family. He is such a good dad and husband. We were so grateful to our family for coming out and supporting and celebrating with us. Graduation was a couple of days before we moved so things were stressful but it was so nice to be with family. Thank you Pete, Ale, baby Sam, Carol, Roger and my mom and dad!
   Nolan woke up as we went outside so I snapped a couple of him with the man of the hour.



  Tim had to be to graduation early so he dropped me and the boys off at my parents' hotel so we could ride over with them. When I walked into their room my mom mentioned that it looked like the hem on my skirt was undone. My dad said, "I get it! You're poor law students!" It was so funny and embarrassing. We had to take tape from the lobby to tape it together on our way out. I had thought it looked longer when I put it on. Next time I have an important occasion I'm going to plan my outfit ahead of time and not dye my hair a week before. I wasn't happy with either of them.
  Back to Tim. :) WE LOVE YOU! Congrats!

7 comments:

Nielsens said...

yay for tim graduating and yay for that meaning you move back to az! :)

megan said...

I love this post! It makes me so happy for your family. Done with school... I can't wait! It's a good thing you had your mom there to help fix your skirt and a good thing your parents get that poor law school time. How wonderful to have so much family be there.

Ann-Marie said...

Congratulations!!!!

jon♥kara said...

Your blogs always make me laugh, love your dad's joke. I'm so excited for you guys and Tim for being such a super guy. We'll be glad to have in AZ for a year before we take off to another part of the world.

Jenny said...

So proud of you guys! Seeing the graduation pics makes it seem much more real to me. I'm sure there were times when you thought that 3 years was never gonna be over!! I loved your random sidenote about your outfit and hair. Did you dye it back before we saw you last week? I don't remember it looking that dark. Anyways congrats! On to the next adventure!

Lindsey Whiting said...

Yeah for graduating and school being over! Sad for moving, but Hooray for 5 year cruise. (not to be confused with a cruise for 5 years, but instead a cruise in 5 years. :) )

Nuestra Familia said...

Way to go Tim and Jen!! So fun to visit and even better so fun that you are moved here:)