Monday, August 15, 2011

Celebration of Ruby's Life

Late Thursday evening, in the middle of the night, we woke up to Kyle crying. While Tim went to check on him I checked my phone to see if there had been any update on Baby Ruby and a possible liver match. Instead my heart sank as I read the words, "Our sweet Ruby went Home tonight."

I cried. And cried. I cried for Ani, for Matt, for Kate. I cried for Ruby that she had to go through such a big trial at such a young age. She was only 7.5 months old. I can not explain the impact that precious baby had on me right now in my life. I will forever be grateful.

I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. I know that Ruby was given the best parents she could have had. I know that Ruby's mission on this earth was complete. She united so many faiths in prayer, from all over the world. It was truly amazing to be a part of it.

Her celebration of life is being held this Tuesday, August 16th at 11 am. The address is:
30522 Via Con Dios
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688

I encourage anyone to attend who can. I wish so badly I could be there. An online auction is being held to help the Taylor family with the medical bills. You can look (and bid!)  here and here.

I can't get over how inspired her parents were to name her, "Ruby." She is truly a precious jewel. Thank you to so many of my friends who have prayed for this family. I know it means the world to them.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

i find it so incredibly incredible how that child has affected every single day of my life the last few months....and I've never even met her.