I've mentioned her before, but have you read the story of sweet baby Ruby? Ruby is awaiting a liver transplant and could use a transplant yesterday. Yes, I wrote that right.
Because of Ruby's story I've had a different perspective lately. Ani, her mother, is amazing and such a great example. Through the stories she shares on her blog I've been reminded about what's important. I've learned to give Nolan a few extra hugs before I put him down to nap. I've learned that Kyle throwing a fit in preschool does not make the day "hard." "Hard" is when you can't even take your kid to preschool or to the beach or to the mall to ride the carousel because you are in the hospital waiting by the side of another kid you love. I've learned to spend more time reading books with Kyle during the day instead of always telling him, "I will later, I have to clean right now." The cleaning always waits for me, but I know the days Kyle wants to recite Hop on Pop to me with a dramatic, "Ask me tomorrow but not today Zurg!" finish will not always wait.
Thanks Ruby for inspiring me and making my days and prayers more meaningful. Thanks Ani for opening up to everyone and helping a mom like me remember what's important.
You can read about Ruby here.
Saturday, August 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment