It dawned on me that if I was going to see my brother, Chris, his family and their cute home in northern California than I better do it before Nolan turned 2 so I wouldn't have to buy him a plane ticket.
And so I did.
And despite Nolan Bear turning into my own personal leech for the entire trip, it felt so good to be with my nieces, Chris, Jenny and even my brother Taylor for a few days!
I was extremely nervous to be flying with Nolan at this age, but both boys did great. My favorite part of the flight was when Kyle decided he had to go to the bathroom so all 3 of us crammed into that little bathroom. Don't you just feel claustrophobic with one person in there?!?
After landing we loaded up, grabbed some lunch and went sailing on the Bay! Good thing we don't suffer from motion sickness!
Who do you think was in heaven?
And who do you think was missing their nap?
Beautiful Jenny rocking her cute boots and Chrisspers:
The next item of very important business was Kyle getting to shoot Chris's gun. When I told him we were going to Kate's house he was worried that Kate only had girl toys. Uncle Chris showed Kyle a picture of his gun via webcam and that was all Kyle could talk about the next couple of days. I heard him tell three different friends that his, "Uncle Chris has a REAL gun." Chris told Kyle that he shot, "like a pro," and Kyle still proudly tells people that is what he said.
On Sunday we sang, "Happy Birthday," to Kate and Scooter. They are a few years and a day apart :). Kate usually doesn't like to be sung to the first go-round, but I think by her actual birthday she was happy. Macy was sure willing to help :).
Other entertainment included watching Macy do a sit-up:
The kids trying to fly a kite:
Park time:
Being treated to Chuck E Cheese on Kate's big day:
Notice the height difference. Kyle is a year younger than Kate and Nolan is 10 months younger than Macy :).
And, my favorite, watching Kyle and Kate play together. They are such good buddies and it makes me so happy to see my kids with their cousins. I love my cousins and I hope my boys will always love and look forward to being with their cousins as well.
I also count it a blessing that Taylor along with three other super fun friends drove to CA for the weekend. Our time with Scooter is short before he leaves on a mission to Chile in June. We sure do love Unkie!


Thanks Chris and Jenny for a wonderful trip! We were spoiled and we wish you lived closer.
You are the hostess with the mostess!
Oh and we missed Tim. haha. No, but really, we did.
(p.s. is anyone else having blogger problems? The format is weird...)











6 comments:
Looks like lots of fun! Glad you were able to go. You were brave to take both boys by yourself. I can't quite imagine that!
I'm glad you had a great time! I'm also glad that you love your cousins cause I love you too! I miss you! Give the boys a hug for me!
Love,
Brooke. Nielsen
We couldn't get over how nice it was of you to come see us! Traveling with kids is always a sacrifice (especially husband-less) so you are pretty awesome to make it happen.
The girls still talk about Kyle all the time and what they played together and how he slept on their floor. There hasn't been much mention of Nolan, but I'm sure he'll warm up next time we see him :) I think I had almost become his friend by the end there.
I love family trips. Yea for great siblings!
Yay for family time together!! I'm so glad some of my kiddos and grandkids got to spend time together. It looks like Chris and Jenny were great hosts and everyone had fun! I'm so glad you made the trip. Hopefully Tim will join you next time. :-)
You need to take off the your baby is 21 months old icon from your blog. Everytime i see it i have to think if you a re pregnant or not.
Post a Comment