Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Goodbye Arlington

Well, starting Wednesday night, Tim and I are going to be moving our things to about 10 minutes away. We are making a major upgrade!! Haha, at least it feels like it to us. We were offered a great deal and quickly made the decision to move, sold our contract here within a couple of days, upset our Landlord but worked it out, and now we are on to a new neighborhood. Since I will soon be a stay at home mom (crazy) we figured a nicer place would be better.

Deciding on where to live for the first time as a couple was, um, let's say a learning experience for Tim and I. After working for awhile to get the very ethnic Asian smell out of our apartment, we settled in. Here are a couple of my fondest memories from Arlington:

1. Going to turn on the air conditioning, only to find there was none. Who knew people rented places without air conditioning?
2. Waking up one of the first nights to the color of red flashing lights coming through the mini-blinds. I decided to look...it was the cops.
3. Using a washing machine top as my bathroom counter.

4. Having to hook up our dishwasher to the sink when we wanted to use it. (It's portable, better than none!)
5. Running to close the windows when the gas station across the street would get refilled. Those fumes were strong!
6. Tim and I sleeping out in the front room for a week because it was so hot before we broke down and bought a/c window units.

We have enjoyed our time here, it was a great deal, and Tim loves a great deal! Some of my friends from AZ have experienced our place, and I'm glad it will be in their memories too. We are excited to move!

14 comments:

Jenni said...

No one better understands what you have gone through than us!! :) But we had so much fun living there with you as our neighbors. We are happy to hear that you are moving on to bigger and better! YEA!!! it's so weird to start a dishwasher again, without having to be worried about if you will need to use the sink or not! :) And is that a new shower curtain? I like!

megan said...

Oh isn't being a newly married couple/young family the best. The stories people could tell from those times! I'm glad I got to experience your Arlington apartment. I can't wait to see your new place someday.

Jeppesen Family said...

I had no idea your place was so bad!!! You are such a trooper. I'm glad that you guys are upgrading :)
Also, you want to hear something funny? Well, since you can't answer me right now, I'll tell you anyways. I was looking for your guys' blog link on my blog so I could visit yours, butI couldn't find it. Well, that was until I realized I was looking for "Heyman Family" not "Ray Family". I'm such a dork! Just like I still have you in my phone as Jennifer Heyman and Megan as Megan Bogle. Your guys' names will never change to me I guess!

megan said...

Kassidi that is funny because sometimes I still accidently sign my name Megan Bogle. Luckily though my signiture is so sloppy no one could ever tell. Jen I just had to tell you that I have some maternity pajama pants from old navy and they are so so so comfortable. I live in those things. So if you need new pajamas those are really great ones

Noelle said...

That's so funny, it sounds a LOT like our place (red lights from cop cars coming in the window...) We pull the bed into the front room too, to stay cool. Where will you be moving? I can't wait to see pictures!!

Chelsea said...

We use sitemeter on our blog and I am tired of the creepy strangers who are lurking. We are going private today. Email me your email address at paceblog@aol.com to join our private party!! This email address is JUST for getting your address, not as my new email. Hope to hear from you soon! :)

What a fun thing to upgrade! Good luck on the move and don't overdo yourself!

The Scotts said...

Wow, I hope that was a great deal!! And I'm glad you are moving. Good luck at your new place!!

Tabitha said...

We didn't realize that people dont have central air conditioning either until we moved to Philly! I never thought I'd have to face the prospect of buying a window AC unit. We are spoiled in Arizona with our AC. We have to be!

Jenny said...

good luck with the move! i'm happy you are getting a great deal on a great place!

Andrea Hale said...

ha ha! I love it! Your appartment was so cute, though it is exciting that you're moving. What is your due date again? Sorry, I think I've asked you a million times. :)

jon♥kara said...

Are you taking your tomato garden with you?!

Summertime Designs said...

Yeah! That is so great to "upgrade." It sounds like you have had some wonderful memories of your little place and that you are just fine with them remaining as just memories! Good luck with the move - I know that can be a hassle, especially when you are pregnant!

JONESIES said...

oh man! Well good thing for great deals!!! Good luck moving, its fun when you are prgnant :-). Your blog is so cute, it always is. Is there a website that you use? I NEED HELP with mine!!

The Rays said...

HOLY COW!! That was a funny flashback. One that I probably will think back on from time to time, and laugh my head off again. I'm so glad we got out of there. And I'm glad you two did too! :)