In the book we have finished reading in my 8th grade classes, a member of a Native American tribe gets rejected from his tribe for dishonoring the tribe. I was helping my students recall this part of the story. My goal was to get them to say he was "rejected" or "outcasted." Please enjoy:
Me: What happened to the character?
Students: He got kicked out.
Me: O.k., what other terms would we use to describe when someone is kicked out from a group?
Boy student in front: Ex-communicated?
Love it.
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
HA HA HA HA that is HILARIOUS! laughed out loud, literally.
thanks. my cousin sent me detailed instructions to change the html of my blog so now i can just download whatever papers i want and insert. i can send you the instructions if you want.
I love it. Teaching provides the most entertainment of any career I have decided. I wish I could watch u teach sometime. Thanks for the petticoat story too. I laughed out loud...though I'm sure it was no laughing matter the day of your wedding! :)
oh your petticoat story! poor jen, but that was my mom that helped out! go mom.
Also your stories are so funny. I would like student teaching in Utah (sometimes) just so I could have these very stories.
Ha, that made me laugh out loud. Thanks Jen. Have fun teaching!
Too funny!
that is so funny! I think teaching in Arizona is going to be different than Utah! I'm crossing my fingers that the package waiting for you is from ME!
Only in UTAH!!!! Pretty funny!!
oh my gosh that is hillarious. only on utah
Love it!
NOOOOOO!!! So typical it's scary!
Post a Comment