Monday, April 7, 2008

Love the Weekend

        We had a great weekend. We celebrated Tim's b-day with dinner and cake. Kyle was dressed accordingly:
(thanks Pete and Ale!)
We only put 2 candles on one side and 4 on the other. Have you ever tried sticking candles in angel food cake? It's hard!

The girls. Christi, Alli and Jen:


Uncle Matt came to town for the weekend and got Kyle this jersey:

I couldn't believe how much Kyle has grown when I compared the above pic (3 months old) with the below pic, taken at 3 days old. What a true fan!

            I really enjoyed conference. One of the talks I liked the best was the talk for young mothers. Last night I had one of the worst nights I have had with Kyle, so the words from that talk kept on rolling through my head. I was thinking about how it is rewarding to be a mother in moments, and then Kyle looked up at me and started smiling. It was so cute, but I rather he would have looked up at me and then dozed right off!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

those are all adorable pictures! alli looks so cute with her short hair and glasses.

the young mothers talk was one of my favorites too. any talk that tells kids to help with the dishes will be stored away for future use.

JONESIES said...

happy birthday tim, and jen you look really good. Bytheway Emerson got that same suns jersy this weekend. I'll post some pictures... his is almost too small :-(

Jessica said...

i love those pictures. so far every blog i have looked at in the past twenty minutes has yummy food in it! i am starving!

August and Melissa said...

I enjoyed that talk too even though I'm not a mother yet...But I thought Conference was soooo good this year-August and I watched all of it both Sat and Sunday and for some reason I cried through most of it-I don't know why...I was just emotional I guess. Weird-cuz I never cry! Oh well...lol

Jeppesen Family said...

I LOVE Kyle's jersey. I really want to get Julia one, but I can't find any of the pink ones in her size, and if I put the purple and orange one on her, she looks like a boy :( Her hair REALLY needs to grow!!!
I hope Tim had a great birthday! That's awesome that Matt was able to come celebrate with him!
We miss you guys!

The Scotts said...

Love the pictures. Kyle is sure adorable. I loved that talk too and called my sisters and set up our day away like Elder Ballard said! We just told our husbands that the apostle said we needed it! Don't you just love those long nights!?!?!

megan said...

happy birthday Tim! Kyle looks so cute! Love the suns jersey. I can't believe how fast they grow. I know so cliche, but I saw a brand new baby the other day and almost started to cry because Catcher is so big now. That doesn't mean I want another one any time soon though

jon♥kara said...

Oh my goodness he is so cute in the jersey pic what a smile, he doesn't at all look like the old man baby look when they first come out. Happy Birthday to Tim, looks like you had a good time. I loved that talk too since I will be in that boat some day soon too.