Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Man's Best Friend?

    My sister-in-law Candace recently blogged about her love for dogs. While I am happy that people like Candace and my mother-in-law truly love dogs, I can't see a place for a dog in our home. EVER. There are other Heymans who share this view with me. Kyle, however, is a little more like Candace. Rewind to Christmas 2008:   Meet Lucky the Wonder Pup. Kyle was lucky to receive Lucky (no pun intended) for Christmas from Uncle Scooter. While packaged and marketed towards girls, boys and girls and adults alike can enjoy Lucky. He does tricks that range from "pouncing," to standing on it's head and even playing dead. He even sings! Yesterday Kyle was playing with Lucky and laying his head on him. It was too cute. Then Lucky sat there while Kyle ate fruit snacks. What an AWESOME pet! He doesn't shed or poop either!    Besides playing with battery-operated pets, Kyle has been loving the pack-n-play. This was his bed for the first seven months of his life. Now we take it with us to friends houses so we can put Kyle to sleep there and stay longer, and leave it set up at our house for when others come over. Kyle loves to roll around in it and even brings Tim and I by the hand to it. What a goofy kid.
He's also been skipping naps,
licking windows,
sleeping in weird positions when he actually does sleep,
... and WALKING really fast! His crawling days are limited!

12 comments:

laurie said...

he's so hilarious and entertaining! we've been skipping naps too...ugh.

Nuestra Familia said...

I love all the walking, he is such a little racer, way fast! I was wondering when you were going to run into something and then you did, funny girl. I can't wait to show the kids the video.

Alli said...

#1- I feel the EXACT same about dogs. I don't wish dogs harm and they are sometimes cute, but not in my house!

#2- Gosh, he is so cute.

Jenni said...

looks like you have one busy boy!

Brooke Nielsen said...

So cute Jennifer, makes me miss Chip! :( We have two stuff animal dogs, and Reece likes to give them kisses. Thanks again for helping me setup a gmail account.

Jenny said...

yay! thanks for the video!! he is pretty fast!

danielle said...

CUTEST PICTURES EVER!
it's really too bad the Heyman's don't like dogs. Everyone in our apartment wants a dog except Al. So what Al says goes. I have to give her a little credit though; when our friend's dog Bones was around the other day, she patted it's head. impressive for al, huh? Then Bones loved the pat too much and tried to jump on her/hug her & she screamed & ran. This made me wonder if she just really didn't like dogs or if some traumatizing dog experience previously took place at the Heyman house. She really screamed...

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Cute pictures/video! Kyle is fast and a little racer! For dog lovers, we did have a dog in the Heyman household. (Remember Bo?) A trained dog, like Lucky might have made a difference! =)

The Scotts said...

Love the dog! Yes we got rid of ours after 6 weeks and now I don't think I will do it again. I used to be a dog person and HAD to have one. My poor parents. They are much nicer than I am.

Lisa said...

Jen - I am another Heyman with the same perspective on dogs. I feel the same way, I wish them no harm but enjoy them at arms length. My kids have petitioned for a dog in the past and I found a great solution. In Calgary we had a neighbor with a dog that they LOVED. Little Lucy was a perfect pet. The kids could walk her and play with her and then she went home! It was perfect! Watch out, Kyle will be running in no time!!

amber {and co.} said...

Haha, that picture of Kyle and Lucky watching TV is priceless! What a cute little boy! That puppy is pretty awesome, I actually do want a dog but may get a "Lucky" dog to tide me over!

The Francis Family said...

He is so cute Jennifer! I love how fast he is and how much fun little kids can have just running around! Thanks for being such a good friend! We will definitely have to get together soon!!