Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sweet Sixteen + Advice

   Happy 16th Bday to my little brother Taylor. I can't believe he will be taking the ladies out now and driving a car!! I get emotional easily over Scooter because I felt like his second mom. I don't think he'd want me to write his embarrassing stories here. This pic was last year, when I got to be home for his birthday because it was also the week we blessed Kyle.
How time flies!
      In honor of Scoot, please leave a comment with one of the most fun dates you went on. I'm sure he'll need the ideas...

p.s. Yesterday my niece Kate turned 2! We love and miss the Katiebug as well :).

17 comments:

McKenzie said...

So fun Jennifer!

Although I am an absolute fan of the classic dinner and a movie date, I did love going to my first concert on a date. Both are fun! Happy Birthday!

Jenny said...

sadly i am already having trouble recalling many of the dates i went on before i got married...a few fun ones that come to mind though are ice skating, rock climbing, sporting events...i have mentioned this before (chris still wont take a hint) but i also think paddleboating would be so much fun!! also a monster truck rally or something like that!!

Chad~Nicole said...

A memorable date in my younger years was dressing up all fancy in our church clothes and going to dinner at McDonalds. Even though we were eating a cheap dinner, our dates set the table at the restaurant with a table cloth, centerpiece, and china. Afterwards we played board games.

Curtis Heyman said...

I wish I had something to add here but the only girl i ever dated is Cbug. Sorry I couldnt be of more help!

Jen said...

A picnic in the mountains (or desert) a bbq for dinner, roasting marshmallows & starbursts for dessert (try it - its good!)

Chelsea said...

Roasting starbursts?! Hm! Must add that to my to-do list!

*Bowling is always a fun date.
*Making homemade individual serving ice cream in the bag, and games after
*Drive-ins
*Water slides with a big tarp, or ice blocking at Freestone park
*scavenger hunts
*Gestures comedy club
*Science center in phx

Okay, sorry...I'll stop and save some for other people! :)

Happy birthday Taylor! 16?! I feel old!!

megan said...

A scavenger hunt was a good group date that I went on. Figure out where you are going to dinner using a game spinner (spin it at each turn. If it lands on red you go right and blue you go left, green go straight, or something like that.)


Happy Birthday Taylor

JONESIES said...

I can't believe he's 16 already! Time does fly. What are dates??? J'K some that I can remember liking hiking, picnic, play games, sports, finding different/ weird restraunts with good food, going to a bookstore finding a random recipie from a different culture and trying to cook it, having cook offs.

August and Melissa said...

Ya Jen- Kelsey and Kyle are getting pretty serious! They will probably end up getting married! Then we could say we are kinda related! Ha jest kidding- but kinda! :)

Alli said...

I always liked going on a group date to an arcade and each couple plays as a team to win the most tickets. The cheap prizes are also fun at the end.

Jenny said...

we are definitely reading the same blogs because i just saw the arbys sandwich this morning too! unfortunately we don't have arbys or fridays by us. it makes me very sad.

Hillery said...

I'm boring and like the classic dinner date. It was also fun going to comedy clubs or sporting events. We always love painting plates at a pottery studio. Tell him to remember that there is a difference between not spending a lot of money and being plain ol' cheap! Our whole dating career was spent teaching Andy that lesson.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Taylor!!! I remember before going to a Homecoming in high school we got all dresses up and went to chuck e cheese and ate and played games in our formals. Everyone thought it was a lot of fun. Plus we saved money on a fancy dinner!

Anonymous said...

Here is one of my most memorable: First of all it is a group date that takes some prep. To begin you must fill up water balloons with paint and store them in water coolers (Number of coolers depends on number of couples)with water to prevent popping. These need to be hidden in various places in the area of the game. (Needs to be done in a rural area.)

Then you need to get white shirts for you and your date. (Be sure and let your date know they need to wear clothing they won't be heartbroken about if it is ruined.)

Finally you need plastic bracelets that can link you and your date's inside hands. (Complicating the game because you only have two usable hands between you.) Then you have to work with your date to sneak to the coolers, nab some paint filled balloons, and throw them at the other couples.

On a side note we also played paint tag after by sticking our hands in paint and "tagging" each other by leaving a handprint on their "white" shirts.

Oh the fun you can have in a small town! =)

Anonymous said...

Oh a fun scavenger hunt is with digital cameras! You can create all sorts of fun things to get photos of and a point system so a couple can win. (The other couples can pitching and pay for the winning couple's dinner, dessert, ect.)

We had such crazy things as:
1- Releasing a gold fish into a source of water.
2- Photo with a cop (Bonus point if you were handcuffed or in the cop car. Remember this is in a small town!)
3-In a human pyramid with strangers

Be creative! There are so many fun things you can do! And it is always fun to have the pictures after! (Especially if you really like your date!)

amber {and co.} said...

wow your brother is a cutie! Happy birthday Taylor! I always thought mini-golf was a fun date... I also went on a date to Chuck E Cheese and had a blast!

iknowjewels said...

Ok for scooter,

I went repelling once and it was so fun! I didn't really enjoy my date, but i loved the repelling. ps- make sure you go with very experienced repellers.

Also something fun we would do from time to time was dress up in either vintage or dressy clothes and take pictures with the main st. statues in mesa. It made beautiful pictures and women LOVE a good opportunity to dress up. (needless to say cheap)

And a third one, scavenger hunt on mill avenue. Come up with a list of items to find, break into small groups (or couples) and take pictures as you find them. You win when you have all the items taken a picture of and meet back at the designated spot. Plus, you get to have pictures with your friends (or new found ones from mill ave) when you develop them.