Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sticker Shock

I'll be the first to admit how lucky I am when it comes to Kyle's clothes. My mom and best friend Kristina have been so kind to send Kyle some of the cutest clothes. Every day I get him dressed I can point out something that was given to him from someone. He is one lucky and loved boy. I also love to shop at the second-hand store "Once Upon a Child" when I am in AZ. 
    It's not too often that I am shopping for Kyle, but this weekend has been one of them. I thought for sure Target would have some cute clothes at a good price. Check out this shirt. Then guess the price: Ready? $29.99 What?? It's a t-shirt! I closed my browser and reopened it. I thought for sure something was wrong with the Target website. Nope, it was working. I can't figure it out. This is TARGET people. When was the last time I spent $29.99 on a shirt for myself? I have no idea.

Thank you. Venting is over. I'm still in shock though.

8 comments:

Ani said...

That is crazyyyyyy. Cute shirt though!

Corynn said...

yuck! That is so disappointing! I have to admit I am a fan of the target baby clearance... It is such a bad habit.

Jenny said...

ouch. pretty pricey for target.

Cara Jones said...

Holy cow! I can't believe that. I have found some great deals at babies-r-us lately (like clearance plus an extra 30% off) I go to the one by you. Also Children's Place has had a couple good coupons so Mckenna got new pants- woohoo! How do they grow out of clothes SOOOO fast? See you next week!

megan said...

What? I have never seen baby clothes that expensive at Target! I go check out the clearance rack every time I am there though and I can usually find a good deal

Chelsea said...

Holy Moly! I wonder if it is one of those special hand made items. Target is really great about helping out home-made little guys trying to make a name for themselves. But really, 29.99?? Good luck no name-er on making money!

Alli said...

Yeah, I know I haven't spent $29.99 on a shirt for myself in a loooooong time and I don't even have kids yet. Ridiculous.

Andrea said...

I love baby consignment shops. I have gotten the cutest designer stuff for Treyson for DIRT cheap. U are a girl after my own heart.