Wow! Thank you so much for all of the Happy Birthday messages and congratulations. Announcing the pregnancy was the best part of my birthday! Unfortunately my day started with me running to the toilet to dry heave. Tim walked in as I was sitting next to the toilet and sort of laughing exclaimed, "Happy Birthday!" I got up and wanted to cry. haha. The day was up and down from there but it ended on a good note and I felt so loved and had fun reading the comments.
Most of you know my feelings on being pregnant. Before I got pregnant I would cry in bed at night (I'm a crier) just thinking about me being pregnant and having to take care of Kyle at the same time. I didn't ever think it would be possible. Two kids? That sounded easier to me than a pregnant me and an active Kyle. Give me a few months and my mind will be changed :).
I started praying not about when to get pregnant or that we would get pregnant, but to have the faith to even entertain the thought. Yes, I dislike pregnancy THAT much. I did not want to gain 50 lbs again, have headaches all the time and carry grocery bags around with me for the random times I would throw up. I'm pretty negative about it. I have friends who have a hard time getting pregnant or are more sick than me, but for me this was seriously a trial.
Soon enough Heavenly Father was softening my heart and what do you know, Kyle's going to be a big brother. The pregnancy started out great... and then got worse and worse. I still get as sick, and with each pregnancy the number of kids I want goes down. I feel like I'm stuck in jail the times I have migraines, I experience more nausea than I did with Kyle, and now with my anti-nausea medicine the pounds are sticking like never before... but I still feel Heavenly Father telling me, "You can do it!" For that I am so grateful.
Here's to the next 30 weeks or so!
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


17 comments:
I agree with everything you say- I'm one of the lucky one who does not throw up, but I get very nautious and major headaches. I guess everyone is different. But we have to be so grateful for these miracles He blesses us with. :) So fun! Cheers, to the next 30 weeks for the both of us :)
You CAN do it. Maybe only one day at a time-sometimes. But I am happy to help on LOTS of those days that aren't passing by. I'm so sorry! But to be honest, I can't wait to find out what you're having!!!
I have to tell you that although challenging at times, I feel like it is easier to have two kids than to have one and be pregnant. I don't like being pregnant either and I have it really easy so don't feel too bad about not liking it. I heard vitiman B 12 works well for nausea. I hope you do get to feel really really great sometime soon!
So happy for you, Ray family!
This experience will make having two little ones a total breeze. You're amazing! Keep up the good work.
we will keep you in our prayers! it makes me so sad you have such hard pregnancies because you love babies so much. hopefully this time the sickness will be just a first trimester thing!! the nice thing about having another kid is it seems to make the time go by faster, at least it did for me.
your blog looks good! i'm glad you got it figured out!
Whenever I'd get down about the hard parts of being pregnant I'd give myself a pep talk about how millions of women in 3rd world countries have gone through this too...without all of the luxuries I enjoy. It worked, sometimes. It was a big joke when I was pregnant with my 2nd and people would ask how many kids I wanted, I'd say one. :)
You know what, it was REALLY hard for me to be pregnant with a kid. I'm not going to lie. It was hardest when I was huge and uncomfortable, and I couldn't keep up with him. I'm not trying to scare you, but I think it's good that you are actually prepared for how hard it might be. Then it can only get better! The second pregnancy is usually harder anyway in terms of discomfort and hip/back pain. At least it gets a lot easier when the baby is born, and then you can enjoy the baby more this time. I felt like it was easier not to be stressed with the second baby as much because you feel like you know what you are doing. And at least you have a husband who helps out! (and i'm with you - I really hate being pregnant!)
being pregnant honestly sucks...I did the same thing when we were contemplating this pregnancy-laid in bed and cried about how horrible it is to be pregnant! I am happy to say that I am FINALLY excited (at almost 20 weeks) to be having a baby! It took time and a LOT of prayers, but it finally happened. Will I ever be excited to get pregnant? Probably not, but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel! If you ever need anything while it is busy school time for Tim LET ME KNOW!!! :-) You can do it!!!!!
I think you stole my journal and published it. lol I'm glad I found someone else who feels the same way that I do about pregnancy. I experienced the same exact feelings. I didn't push getting pregnant AT ALL until I felt completely ready because I too get very sick and tired...and yes, I too gain 50 lbs with each kid...which SUCKS because of the hard work i've made between them shedding it all off. Now i'm back to being 20 lbs overweight again and have to burn it off again. It's a frustrating cycle but I know that it's the season that i'm in and it'll be over with soon!
I also agree that I might be done now. LDS society kind of brainwashed our generation to have big families with lots of kids and if you don't, you'll go to hell. But i'm getting past that because I would rather be a happy, sane mother than a stressed out mess, being overwhelmed! You have to trust your feelings and it's okay to not have a huge litter of children ;)
Hang in there, it'll go by faster than you think! I feel I was just there and now Luke is almost a month old! If you need to vent, please email me if you want. I do know what you are feeling :)
My thoughts exactly. Jake may be an only child... ;) We'll see if I ever survive another pregnancy... hehe.
Good luck! Hang in there, the reward is great! My Dr. had me taking Vit. B6 and Unisom. It may, or may not of helped. I still threw up.
I'm sorry it's getting worse! Isn't it suppossed to go the other way? Hopefully Kyle is behaving. And are those new family pics I see? You guys (especially you!) look fantastic! I have to see more - stat!
Sorry Jen, Yes you can do it. Hope you feel much better soon. We love you guys. Kyle BEHAVE!!
Good Luck Jennifer!!! You can do it! My aunt said she used papya extract (i never tried it) but apparently it works wonders. She got really sick like you. You can get it at stores like Sprouts,if you have any there.
Oh Jennifer I am SO with you on this, I can't even imagine being so sick all day, everyday and still having to be a mom 24/7! I'm planning on doing exactly what you did and having my kids at least 3 years apart! I honestly believe the only way it can be done is with Heavenly Father's help, and by letting others help you too (hint hint ;) PLEASE call me and let me watch Kyle for you so you rest; the kiddos can watch Elmo's world together ü You can do it!!!
Congratulations guys! Sorry it is so late, but I stink at blogging now... just wait, Jennifer! lol jk Two kids is definitely different from one, for obvious reasons, but it is so so so much fun! I, like you, cried about it sometimes... "How am I going to love him the way I do Grant?", "Will Grant feel really left out?", "I can hardly keep my house clean with one kid...." etc. You will love them the same, Kyle won't feel left out because he'll have Tim to entertain him (and you when you're not holding a baby or nursing):), and your house will still be dirty, but who cares!? lol You will guys will be great! I hope you start feeling better soon! We will keep you in our prayers. Can't wait to see you!
Oh Jen congratulations!! I had no idea you were pregnant! Shows how much I keep up with my blogging haha. Man, you are already on your second and I havent even had my first yet. I need to get on it haha. Congrats again though and I hope you start feeling better soon!
Post a Comment