Thursday, November 5, 2009

See ya October

Wow! October went by fast.  Here we go...
Cousin Sadie came to visit! It was so fun to have Hillery and Sadie here. Kyle loved having his buddy around all day long. The day she left he yelled for her all morning. After his nap I think he realized she was gone for good.


They watched their videos together. Kyle loved Sadie so much that when I told them to scoot back from the tv, he wanted to sit on her.

He also wanted to share his toothbrush, how sweet.

Sadie loves her some t.v.

We did other things too, like go to "Just Add Children," an indoor playplace I read about online that was only $5. It was great and the perfect thing to do on a rainy day!!

Kyle chose to both play and sleep on the inflatable. This kid takes the quickest 10 second cat naps.

Long live the steering wheel.


It was too short of a visit!

Kyle also started a new favorite game with Dad this month, "Lay on your Back and See if your Ball Can Hit the Fan." Anytime Tim would hit the fan Kyle would laugh so hard.

I spent a couple of days making over 6 dozen sugar cookies and frosting. Kyle was my, ummm, "Big Helper," and clearly the job couldn't have been done without him. At one point he dumped the flour in and missed about half of it in the bowl. I knew it was only through Heaven's help that they would turn out.


(Although blurry, that face cracked me up.)
I invited a group of girls from my ward to come over at night and help frost the cookies. It was so nice to have Kyle down to sleep and to be able to get to know some girls better. We had a good time, although I had to keep telling the girls to frost more. They were going to leave me with too many cookies!


Kyle helped take a plate of cookies over to our neighbor, Pete, who's Spanish-speaking-only mother is often at his house. He was so excited to see Kyle and made us wait until the mother came out. She went on and on in Spanish and grabbed Kyle's cheeks.  After I told Kyle to give her the plate he started crying. I knew it was because he wanted a cookie so I told him we would go home and get one. As he ate his cookie I told him how nice it was that he shared. "Nice" was the word of the day after that.

     Another activity was decorating pumpkins at a friend's house. Kyle loves his pumpkin and on some days we have to go ouside and bring it in from the porch. Here he is waving to Pete while I was trying to get him to look at the camera:

  We attended our ward trunk or treat which Kyle loved and where he was introduced to trick or treating. His version was just as cute, "Treat. Thank you." It was candy in his mouth the entire drive home.

On Halloween we went to Sea World and watched a Sesame Street show that included Elmo! Kyle loved it but was upset that he couldn't go on stage. We also went down "Trick or Treat Street."

 It was nearly impossible to get a good photo of our Batman. Kyle hates clothes in general and cries every Sunday when I put a sweater vest on him. He is still anti-tie too. So I knew his Halloween costume had to be accessory-less and feel like regular clothes, hence the Batman pjs.

  Above he is happy and saying, "Candy!" on our way out. We went home to hit up a few houses and hand out candy to other trick or treaters. I think that was a tie for Kyle's favorite part too. Every time someone came up he made sure he ran to the bowl and gave them candy. We started passing out candy at 8:30 and got rid of all of it. Our neighborhood was hopping!

We're excited November is here!

12 comments:

Jenny said...

cute idea to have a sugar cookie frosting party. those turned out cute.

thats funny to me that a Ray boy hates clothes. smart of you to pick a costume he would actually wear though. we had to bribe kate with candy.

EmilyCC said...

Kyle, can you teach me how to take 10 second naps? That seems like a terribly useful skill!

Nicole said...

Such yummy cookies. I should have taken more home. We ate them all the next day!!

August and Melissa said...

that is awesome- the batman pjs. lol

Nuestra Familia said...

Sweet! Halloween is so fun for kids. Kyle is so proud of his costume and his candy bag. Way cute!

megan said...

I love the idea for Kyle's costume. tom and Natalie did the same thing and now he has new pajamas!

Great idea with the cookies! I can't believe you baked so many! I think you are one of the most patient moms ever. I am pretty sure I would have killed Catcher if he were trying to help me bake cookies.

I love reading your posts!

Hillery said...

We had so much fun seeing you guys! How did I miss Kyle "napping"? Too funny! His Batman costume looked great! I'm sure he intimidated a lot of fellow trick or treaters. :)

jon♥kara said...

What a fun time! He's so cute in his Batman costume/pjs.

The Scotts said...

I love that he cried when he had to give his cookies away! What a cute little guy!

amber {and co.} said...

Kyle is such a cutie! I can totally picture him saying "Treat. Thank you"! Where is the Just Add Children place? That sounds awesome, you, Cara and me should take the kiddos there sometime! Looks like you had a fantastic October!

Amy S said...

Yum! I love your sugar cookies. Haha I love the picture of Kyle taking his "nap"...classic. I wish I had that skill:)

Serena said...

What a fun October! I like how you group it together like that...my posts are always so random!