Thursday, November 26, 2009

So Thankful

- for my two boys who have really given me so much love lately. Tim has really helped out around the house and with Kyle when he's home. Right now is his most stressful time of the school year and he still makes time to wrestle with Kyle and help me out.
  Kyle is very concerned for me when I throw up. He yells, "Mama!" and comes and finds me. He used to talk really fast because he was nervous. He once brought me the blanket I sleep with, and now he stands right by me and rubs my back and gives me hugs... as I'm throwing up! He also tries to make me laugh by making funny faces and noises. It melts my heart everytime.



- For my family. It's my Dad's birthday!!!! I love him so much. I know I'll never understand how he accomplishes all that he does, but I think as I get older I understand the sacrifices and how hard he works a little more each day. Ok, starting to get teary eyed. Can I blame it on the pregnancy? We love you Dad! Papa!!

-For my mom and grandmother's cooking. Let's just say Thanksgiving will never be the same. Can't I get the food Fed-Exed? Why am I SO slow in the  kitchen?

- For my health. I've had some really good days lately. I'll take them when I can get them. They give me the energy to get things done and stay positive.

- For our freedoms.
- For my religion.
- For technology.
- For Diego and Elmo.
- for our house
- for the GPS unit! Saves me every time.
- For elastic waistbands and drawstring pants. I haven't worn real pants all week.
- For smiling faces everywhere I go.
- For the little one inside of me!
- For Black Friday. Tim's going to be at Target at 3 am. Anyone else out there??
- For airplane tickets.

- For friends. I've realized if I ever feel lonely here, it's my own fault. There are plenty of people around me who are so nice and willing to help. I've had so many people offer to help with Kyle or give me advice that I've needed.

- For our Savior. I'll never stop learning about Him and understanding how much He loves me.
             ... and the list goes on and on.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

When I was pregnant with Cora Evan would come into the room and pat my back and say, "Good job Mom" as I had my puking party. It's so sweet that Kyle would think to get you your blanket.

Jenny said...

that picture's a framer! sooo adorable. that is seriously the sweetest thing that kyle comes and rubs your back and gives you hugs. what a sweetheart.

i hope you feel really good today so you can enjoy thanksgiving!

Amy said...

Oh Kyle is so sweet! I love that he rubs your back and gives you hugs. Such a cute picture too. Please call if you need anything, even if its a good day and you just need a break. Have a Happy Thanksgiving:)

Curtis Heyman said...

I'm obsessed with those pictures of your family! You need to post them all. You all look so great. So glad you have such a sweet boy. What a cutie to rub your back.

Hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We miss you!

Curtis Heyman said...

By the way... that was Cbug, not Cur's comment. :)

The Scotts said...

What sweet guys you have. I am impressed that Kyle doesn't have to throw up from watching you!

Anderson Adventures said...

We missed you! Hope grandma's rolls turned out for you. I tried and didn't succeed. Hope you start feeling better. That story about Kyle helping you is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Ah what a sweet little boy! =) You must be raising him right!

Summertime Designs said...

That is such a sweet story about Kyle being so caring. What a helpful boy! I love that you listed all the things you are thankful for. What a great idea! I hope you are feeling well. Sorry about all the throwing up, and I hope it doesn't last much longer!

Hillery said...

Oh, I see...you're doling out your pictures in small increments. Sneaky. That Tim/Kyle pic is adorable!