This type of morning continued as Kyle's friends stopped by and he did nothing but hit them and be a bully. So I threw him in his crib for the rest of the time they were over. Then I thought to myself that a walk to the mailbox might make the both of us happy... until he stepped right onto dog poop which made the smell sting the air. Great!
I thought I might die this morning until the "trash man" saved the day. Every Monday morning as soon as I hear the garbage truck coming around the corner I tell Kyle, "The trash man is coming!" Kyle runs over to the couch and I pull up the mini blinds so he can wave to the trash man as he comes down our street. Then we wait the two minutes it takes for him to finish and turn back around to get the trash cans across the street so Kyle can wave again. Kyle loves it. He spends those two minutes yelling, "Back! Back!" trying to tell the garbage truck to come back.
Today the trash man waved and then lifted up a large bag of candy to offer to Kyle. I took Kyle outside and the man jumped out of the truck and told Kyle, "Stick both hands in there buddy!" Kyle grabbed two tootsie rolls and said, "Thank you," really timidly. I think he felt like he was meeting a rock star.
I just thought that was the nicest thing and it really made my morning. Kyle continued for the next twenty minutes to say, "Nice! Candy! Nice!" with tootsie roll stuck to his teeth.
The trash man saved my day.
We took these photobooth pictures after I documented this:
With Kyle's new hair cut I attempt to put styling product in it. Now he thinks everything goes in his hair, including my new lotion.







13 comments:
sorry you had a bad morning! i hate those.
you have to check my sister's blog- carson is 100% obsessed with the garbage man and even dressed up as him for halloween!
I love the spiked hair...he looks so grown up!
That is too funny!
That is awesome...what a nice garbage man!!
Those mornings must have been in the air! YUCK! Our trash guy is really darling too. Maybe it's the same guy! :)
I love kyles new hair cut. He looks so much older.
The garbage man is so nice to wave, stop and give him candy. Some of those pictures are scary but still cute. Hope your week is great!
We love to watch the trash man too. He's such a nice guy. If we are outside, he'll put the trash can back right next to us with that big metal arm and always wave. We are always running to the window.
Hope tomorrow morning goes better for you! The photobooth pics crack me up.
That's a great post! Emerson loves the trash truck too. What a nice garbage man you have!
What a nice trash man! I wish my trash man brought candy:)
ok, you always crack me up Jen. I'm sorry about your bad morning, but you wrote it out so well & I could just picture everything... so really I just laughed. anyways, kyle's the cutest monster i've ever seen if that helps at all!
& seriously, what a nice trash man! shoot.
i remember kyle being so excited for the trashman! what a nice guy.
and the photobooth pics are grrrrreat!
Post a Comment